Increase 15 to 30 mg mirtazapine pls help:(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone Id really appreciate some help

Started taking mirtazapine for depression and insomnia and at 15 mg for nearly a month havent really seen any improvement so after consultation with GP increased to 30 mg and been on them a week.I feel horrible! I dont know if this is my depression ,side effects or medicati

on but so tearful all the time,feel hopeless and have no desire to see people or interact.I cant afford any more arguments with partner as I cant control my temper and Im just feeling down all the time.How long will it take for 30 mg to kick in or should I accept this is just how Im suppose to feel on it? its been now nearly 5 weeks since I started and a week on 30 mg.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm not on any medication so I can't help with that, but I must ask...have you tried journaling and/or calming music at night? I suffered from insomnia so bad every night that I couldn't take it anymore so I would journal my feelings before bed then I would put relaxing music while browsing the web on my phone (Pinterest or anything interesting) and I would not even realize that I had fallen asleep. It could help, I hope 😒
    • Posted

Thank you,trust me I have tried everything before dissusing medication.I do fall asleep initially but keep waking up throghout and cant stay asleep for more then few hours at most.I was hoping this would help with sleep and depression but feeling so down Im not sure what to think anymore 😔
  • Posted

You will definately sleep on mirtazapine. I was on it 10 years ago put on 3 stone. Stopped taking it, I was sleeping 12-14 hours a day.
  • Posted

Hi passenger5

I was on Mirtazapine 30mg too but came off them few months ago. I found them good for sleep to begin with but they were no good for my depression. I would give it a wee bit longer and if no improvement go back to gp. There are so many different medications they can try you on, maybe even a combination of two different ones.

It can feel like a long road as they all take time to work. Im going through it too just now, havnt got the right combination yet.

Hang on in there. x

• Posted

Thanks guys appreciate you taking time to reply.Dont think my relationship will survive much longer especially if I have to change meds,partner isnt very undetstanding and cant blame him.Was just hoping by now it ll help me to cope bit better but feel like Im drowning.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.