increase 20mg to 40mg. hell!!!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Well this increase is hell day 4 and I'm loosing my mind in panic. I feel so on edge and scared out my mind (loosing the plot) going from fear to numb depression. I don't know if to drop back ? But my depression and anxiety was creeping back in on 20mg (15 weeks) had 7 great weeks been me again.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Rachel hang in there love - I was just the same as you when increased from 20 to 40. If you are on day 4 you are almost there. My 6 weeks includes the 20mg - so really only 4 weeks on 40mg. Try to think to yourself that you are nearly there just a few more days to go before the anxiety starts to go away. I been where you are now & it's horrid but you will get there so don't give up xx I'm here if you need me xx
    • Posted

U got better quite quick smile that's great. Its so upsetting that I was better now I'm back here. Hard taking tablets u feel are making u insane (I can't be left alone I'm so scared )

Do u take the 40,mg in one go? Morning or night ? Thank u for helping me xxxx

• Posted

Yes Rachel both tablets together at 9 in the morning with a full glass of water keep yourself well hydrated throughout the day also limit your intake of coffee/tea & avoid spicy foods for a bit. I felt like crap when I increased but it did only last for about 7 days - seems to get really bad then all of a sudden it's gone just like that. Be brave & this time next week you will be on here helping somebody that's like you are now. Keep your chin up it will pass & I'm always here if you need me to chat xx
    • Posted

Feel like I'm bi polar I'm one min OK the next I can't stay still and in anxiety over load next I'm super low. I'm starting to question what's wrong but iv only ever had this while pregnant or post pregnancy xx
    • Posted

Yes I can understand that Rachel but if you just take a step back & think it's the tablets & not me. It's the way the tablets work according to my doctor who explains that when your taking them your brain stops producing the feel good chemical in your brain for a time until the tablets fool the brain into creating more feel good chemicals & this is the reason we all feel more anxious & depressed when starting on these meds or when they get upped - you won't have these symptoms for long as your body as already got the meds into your systems for the last couple of months it's just reacting to an increase but will only last a short time then you will be back to yourself again enjoying your life & family I promise honey xx stick in there it's nearly over xx I'm here anytime you are down xx
    • Posted

Your really helping thank you. I do feel so much worse then before I feel really depressed when before it was only anxiety. I feel flat numb just nothingness really

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.