Increase dose

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been taking 15mg for about 6-8 weeks. Doctor recently changed the dose to 30mg but I'm cutting them in half so still only taking 15mg. I have noticed improvements I've only had a couple of bad anxiety attacks since starting them when before I was having a couple a week. My appetite has improved slightly and I have gained a couple of pounds which is good for me, I need to gain weight. If I start to take the 30mg will I get side effects again? I didn't suffer too bad just tiredness and a few headaches would I get those again?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I do not no I am still on 15mg I have been on the for about three weeks I am going to doctors to day to see him
    • Posted

Let me know how you get on Lofty.. I went back to docs today,the doctor is adamant that the side effects im getting are not from the mirt
    • Posted

I have been to doctors he said I have only been on mirtazapine 15 mg from 17 th of Jan so I have to stay 15 mg for two more weeks to see how things go,s then move on to 30 mg give it a go
    • Posted

HI DARREN75,,,,,i am no doctor but would like to bet your side efects are from the mirt .like many others on it,what did your dr say was the cause of the side efects ???,,they do not know half the time,,,,,,,,BLUESY,,
  • Posted

My best advice, in my humble opinion, if 15mg is enough to help and hold back the panic attacks I would stay on that dose.  Quite a lot of people on this forum have suffered an increase in anxiety going up to 30mg, but its up to you, we're all different.

Mirt 15 mg worked very well for me ... then at some stage we have to taper slowly, so going from 15mg is a lot easier than going down slowly from 30 mg.

Wishing you well Lainylou

• Posted

HI LAINYLOU,,,,,,if i was you i would stay on 15mg for a couple of weeks longer to see if u improve more,,if not increase by 5mg every other week up to 30mg and u may not get the side efects ???,,,it takes longer than 6 weeks to realy start to work properly,,,,hope this helps you,,,,,,,,,,,,,good luck,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.