Increase dose feel worse! Please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’m sorry I keep posting but I’m scared. I just want to feel better. 225mg gave me some relief but not enough so increased to 300mgs. Now I’m tired, low and anxious. It’s been 3 weeks on 300mgs. Do you think I should give the increase longer?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hello, the trouble with pyscs and doctors, is they have no personal experience. also, for the marjority of people, they respond a lot quicker. because the manorities depression isnt as bad. theres a generalisation that anti depressants work in 6 to 8 weeks. this probably came about from the older types, which are quicker acting, and again, most peoples states are not as bad. ive been on ven for 5 months, its taken me 4 weeks to get over increase, and im not fully over it, let alone start to improve. youve been on it 3 months, and have increased a lot quicker. i dont think you should go down, as you have already changed the chemical make up in your mind from increasing, dropping now, will take some time to get to your pre increase state. also, you arent going to be happy with how you will be doing on 225mg. i could be wrong, but your state and my own were similar to start with. if the anxiety is unbearable, then go back down. your pysc saying you can do either, is similar to what im saying. either option is okay, its what you can cope with best. this last week ive found it more difficult speaking to friends and family again. im not worried about the last s****y 4 weeks, it happend before. just something you have to go through with an increase. you arent going to suddenly feel better. what you are looking for is your anxiety to stop getting worse, and to very slowly start to go down.

• Posted

your right nigel pyschs havent experienced it and therefore tell you textbook answers. when i know myself and others have taken alot longer than 4-6 weeks to get better. i really shouldnt take on board what these drs say as it makes me worry more. on 225mgs i had a severe tension headache until week 7, then it just went! then about week 8-9 my mood improved slightly so i could push myself to do more and even felt positive emotions for first time in a long time. if i had listened to drs advise of 4-6 weeks i would have never knew the headache would go and i would improve slightly. thats what makes me keep wanting to give 300mgs longer but at the same time want to go back to the slight improvement on 225mgs. my parents also think i should persevere otherwise id never know if 300mgs helped or not?! also thst if it doesnt i can reduce back down and stabilise on 225mgs then.

ive been just the same nigel, not wanting to talk to anyone and feeling very irritable. ive lost interest in painting which i started to enjoy again, also i started going to the gym on 225mgs and now i drag myself kicking and screaming. my mind is constantly occupied with how i feel which again that reduced on 225mgs. im sure as you have said that the increase in anxiety has made me feel worse and tense. im nearly 4 weeks so maybe if i give it until 6-8 weeks i will know i tried and by then hopefully the anxiety will have died down.

hows your energy and motivation? are you ever tired? im very tired all day but push myself to do things. although some days i need to have an afternoon nap.

• Posted

you are thinking rationally. any side effect is due to increase anxiety. once your anxiety comes down, the side effects go. you dont have anything to worry about, the improvements on 225 show ven works on you. if youd waited another month, going up may have been easier. then again it might not. i stsyed on 225 for 10 weeks, feeling mostly good, yet i still reacted badly to the increase. you cant go down any way, it will take as long to feel like you did, as it will waiting for new dose to work. only reason to go down, is if becomes intolerable. my moods been slightly worse this week, with anxiety coming down, but picked up today. was able to talk to friends and family today, when most of this last week i didnt. when your anxiety starts dropping, your mood will drop sligjtly for a week or so, then it will steadily pick up. its the switch from anxiety to depressiin back to anxiety back to depression. each time its not so bad, until it levels out. look out for feeling less tense.

• Posted

im trying yo think rationally but its hard when your anxiety is high. ive had an awful day, crying alot as i feel like ive gone backwards. im permently exhausted and got foggy head. also worried and tense. im fighting with this increase and keep thinking of reducing but im trying to hang in longer. how are you today? is your anxiety still coming down?

• Posted

Hi Vicky sorry to hear your anxiety is still very high. I can sympothise. I'm now 8 weeks on venlafaxine on 18th and have been great all week! Each day feeling an improvement. Still get a little irritable but anxiety gone and mood quite good. Giving myself another few weeks and hopefully can start to look for work. I'm just apprehensive it will come back but trying to push that out of my mind. Take care x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.