Increase from 150 to 225. Soooo sleepy!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. I had my meds increased from 150mg to 225 on Wednesday. Thursday and Friday I felt fine, in fact yesterday I had so much energy and motivation I went to my daughters and helped her sort out her whole flat! This morning I feel sooooo tired, a little light headed and unsteady! I'm starting to feel anxious about how I'm feeling now! I have diazepam to help but I'm worried about taking it when I already feel so tired! I can't remember feeling as bad when I upped from 75 to 150. What are your thoughts please? X

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm worrying about how I'm feeling 😢

• Posted

Hello, with your increase, you are very likely to get side effects for the next 4 weeks ago. I recently went from 150 to 187, then quite quickly to 225. Only felt a bit woozy for a couple of dsys after each switch, but then felt better. Its likely to be up and down until you settle down. Increased tiredness today, is likely to be a reaction to your incressed energy over last few days. With diazepam, you may find you need to reduce the amount you take, as ven has a stronger and beneficial effect on you. Its normal to feel changes after your increase. Until things settle down in a few weeks, its a balancing act with diazepam, to control your anxiety and tiredness. I would say anxiety is your priority for now and accept tiredeness for next few weeks.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, I think I just needed to know it was normal to feel this way to stop me worrying lol. I only take diazepam as and when I need it and haven't taken any for a while. The increase is due to depression, but I don't remember feeling so sleepy on the last increase. I've been on citalopram and sertraline in the past which both helped with anxiety but not depression... x

• Posted

This is an awful drug that has similar side effects when you increase your dose as when you reduce your dose. It sounds like your body is both reacting to the increase in meds and the activity yesterday. If you're worried about the diazepam you could half your dose.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. I only take diazepam as and when and usually half a 2mg helps take the edge off. Just don't remember feeling like this last time I increased x

• Posted

I feel exactly the same after increasing to 225 2 weeks ago! I’m so tired! How are you now?
    • Posted

Well its been 2 weeks and im headache free! Ive not felt the need to nap for the last 2 days either! I'm sleeping much better now I take my dose in one go in the morning too, rather than the dose being spaced out during the day. Not feeling 100% better depression wise but there's definitely been an improvement 😁 Hope you're ok x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.