Increase from 50mg to 75mg help

Posted , 4 users are following.

3 days ago I went from 50mg to 75mg been feeling dizzy and some increased anxiety so I had to take a 5mg diazepam.. is this normal having these side effects?? Please help

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sean, yes, these are normal side effects and the increase in side effects are normal when going to a higher dose, too, especially if you haven’t been at 50mg for quite some time. It will get getter. Just give it 1-2 weeks for the side effects to decrease or go away. By the 2 months mark, you should start to see the beginning of improvements, if not before then. Take care and hang in there. Stay strong but also be gentle with yourself – which means, lots of rest and try not to get stressed. Xx
    • Posted

I started at 25mg 1yr ago then I felt my anxiety coming back so 6 months ago I went to 50 did goo for the 6 months then boom some anxiety coming thru again so my doc said to go up to 75mg and with every increase I had all these side effects but not as bad as the first time hopefully it gets better
    • Posted

You will get better but you should not think about getting off again. Take it from me. I’ve been on and off this med for 8-9 times now in the past 20 years. I started on it when it was called Zoloft. Each time I get back on it scares me that it might not work like it once did and the side effects are just as horrible. I am currently on 100mg. My goal is someday to lower it to 50mg maintenance dose.

• Posted

4 days ago I went from 50mg to 100mg and YES I am having the same side effects. The first couple days I also had loss of appetite and nausea as well. But today it seems to be getting a little better. I've been told it can take a week or so for your body to adjust. I'm on week 4 of this medicine and it has been hell. I'm finally seeing a twinkle of light at the end of the tunnel. Just trying to stay positive and patient. LOL but I'm not a very patient person.

Hope all goes well for you! Since we are in the same boat keep me posted!!

• Posted

Yes we are on the same boat lol hope this all gets better the only bad side effects I have is feeling more nervous to go places and little dizziness. So when I feel nervous I just pop 5mg of diazepam
    • Posted

Unfortunately I just suffer through the side effects instead of using a benzo. I'm actually kind of scared of benzos due to the withdrawls symptoms I've heard they can have.

How long have you been taking sertraline total?

• Posted

I've had GAD/panic attacks for 25 years and finally went for help. I started on 50mg and after about 3 months I started to feel great!! After about 6 months I started to feel stressed again. Dr increased me to 75 mg and now I'm having a new side effect- tingling of the lips and face which throws me into a full blow attack. I finally have the palpitations under control and now this!! Anybody have the same problem?

Thanks!!!

• Posted

I never had that tingling feeling in my lips or face but I do get increase anxiety and some tiredness and some dizziness

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.