Increase of Lustral help needed

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been slowly increasing my Lustral disease and now on 75mg and have been for 5 days. My anxiety has gone through the roof and I know my gp will want to push it up again on Friday.

I take lorazepam to sleep but today I am very jittery and shaky. I have no appetite and lost a lot for weight.

Any help would be great

Oh also has anyone used Lyrica?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Welcome, Georgi.

Lustral can take up to three months to kick in properly and make you feel better.

Do discuss this with your GP. You may indeed need a higher dose.

What dose of lorazepam are you on?

Love Tess xx

• Posted

Hi Tess

I take .625 mg at night so a quarter of a 2.5mg tablet

It makes me feel very heady the next day though even on such a small amount.

Thanks

• Posted

Wow. That wouldn't put an ant to sleep.

Anyway, I realised that I didn't answer your question about pregabalin (Lyrica.)

I haven't taken it myself but I've nursed people who have. It does help with anxiety and improves the appetite.

Oh, by the way, I'm on sertraline (Lustral) myself and i had to get up to 200mg before I started to feel better. I am shortly going to ask my GP to taper me off the sertraline as I am no longer depressed.

Love Tess. xx

• Posted

Ha ha I do get to sleep on that dose and I'm not tiny!

I'm going to ask my Dr about Lyrica and see what she says.....not that I have much faith in her! Oh and it's expensive apparently!

Thanks Tess x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.