Increase to 150mg help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ive been on 75mg (37.5mg twice daily) since mid feb and its worked wonders it really has given me my life bk but the past few weeks my anxiety has slowly got worse so a week ago doc increased my dose to 150mg (75mg twice daily) and can feel myself going bk to the way i was before, do i need to drop bk to 75mg or give it longer for the higher dose to kick in?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'd give it longer to kick in but see your GP again. There may be a different tablet that suits you better. Hope this helps
  • Posted

Rather than concern yourself with the the precise dose, could I suggesr u look for other supplementary ways to help yourself. Maybe look for something like a psychotherapy e.g.CBT to add to the drugs. Look for things to do that take your mind away from your problems, e.g. Exercise, recreation, etc. making your treatment more multidimensional could be the thing for u. Don't forget to be kind to yourself, reward yourself for your efforts.

it works for me at least. I know we r all different but give it a go perhaps.

• Posted

Hello, my doctor increassed my dose up to 150mg too, because the previous one was apparently not working.

Now I feel a bit better, more Stable and calm.It May need a few more days to start working for you.Im also Seeing a terapist too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.