Increase to 20mg? 🤔

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all. Hope you're all feeling good. I have nearly finished five weeks on cit 10mg and the last couple of weeks I have felt great. That is until tonight when I had to do the Xmas food shop!!! 😟 And I was out feeling fine when the anxiety just sort of crept up on me. Anyway it got me thinking and I think maybe I should increase to 20mg as that is a more therapeutic dose I'm told. I'm due a review so I'm sure the doc will up it. I'm a bit of a wuss though and scared of the side effects I might get. I was on it a few years ago and can't remember if I got any side effects again from increasing. Anyway just wondered if anyone else had any thoughts or could share there experience of dose increases. Thanks. 😃

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Katie. Just stick with what ur doing. I'm pretty sure ur Doc will up u to 20 mg's but try and not worry too much as you will get better. It just takes time. Try and go for a walk or some type of exercise. But have faith that you will get better

• Posted

Hi. I'm on day 6 of 20mg. Only side effect is the sleepiness I get about 4 hours after I've taken it in the morning. But found if I push through then it goes away.

• Posted

Hi Katie, 

I think you probably got through the worst of it, I bet its minimal side affects going from the 10 to 20mg. I would go for it. Im on 10mg and its been 6 days now, feeling crap still but I can see light at end of tunnel and I think they will up mine to in about 5 weeks time. Good luck with it. 

• Posted

Thanks guys. I'm feeling better today just keep thinking am I going to feel anxious again today! I will definitely up my dose as I know last time I was on 20mg that seemed to be the right dose for keeping anxiety at bay and worked really well until I came off it. It's so nice to hear from others going through the same thing and I know we will all get better as I've been there before. I'm just going to enjoy the Christmas break. I hope you all have a great Christmas too. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.