Increase ven by 37.5 mg xl caps

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello all I've been on 75.5 mg ven xl.   For a while now hoping to come off altogether but I had to increase by another 37.5 mg.  I've been on the extra dose now for 3 days. When do you think I should start feeling better.  Thank you. 

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi

What's the reason for the increase? X

• Posted

Sorry Michael

All the reasons I should have known.

Remind me.. did you initially reduce from 150mg to 75mg? What was the time period?

• Posted

Do you think now that maybe you had tapered too fast? Because reading back on a couple of your posts it does seem as though you have felt the need to rush this.

And... I totally get it. I really do.

BUT.. increasing your dose was the only thing and the best thing to do.

I'm thinking another couple of days and you will start to settle.

Do you have a good relationship with your Doctor? X

• Posted

Thank you my doctor didn't want me to reduce at all she wanted me to stay on 150 x

• Posted

Mmmmmm I'm not surprised given the circumstances.

Nothings to say you will be on ven forever but it is the higher dose that maybe suits you better.

So you're taking 75mg + 37.5mg = 112mg yes?

• Posted

In my experience give it a few more days. You may need the 150mg but you won't know yet. Bit trial and error sadly. Restabilize .. I'm sure you've heard that word many times?! 😬

Then settle for a good few months before even thinking about starting another tiny reduction.

You probably already know that but I'm here anyway for you if I can help. Xxx

• Posted

Trying to tapper down on venlafaxine xr. Any advice. They are caps. So taking pellets out. Still sick in mornings

• Posted

Hi Nana

I can hear the anxiety in your posts. 🙁 It's a horrible thing for all of us that are experiencing any withdrawal from ADs.

If you really feel as though you want to reduce your dose then only you can make that choice. And believe me through experience you will succeed.

What is your current dose and how long have you been on this?

• Posted

I wish I had the answer. I came off cold turkey and I am in extreme pain months after. Carpel tunnel severe and muscle pain. And very swollen. I was on 300 mg for over
    • Posted

I was also on 100 mg welbutrin went off both immediately and replaced with 35 mg of cymbalta

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.