increased aniexty/suicidal thoughts 30mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well after the whole mishap of withdrawing back down to 15mg then been in increased back up 30mg. My mood lifted and withdrawal stopped instantly. However I've noticed the feeling tired and drugged up feeling is back. I don't feel normal. Last night that seemed to lift and I was so restless and couldn't sleep and my aniexty was through the roof. Thoughts racing I even had the thought of suicide run through my head which is scary and new/never happened as I'm happy not depressed my main problem is aniexty. But I couldn't shift this feeling of wanting to kill myself last night. I finally got to sleep through the increased aniexty hot flushes and thought and still feel very hightened today on edge. I feel like I'm on a tightrope and the slightest thing will tip me over and I'll lose control/go insane. I can explain it. If sort of mirrors the withdrawal syptoms but worse. I felt great the first couple days of retaking 30mg only really the last 3 days as it hits the week mark I feel like this first tired and out of it now the opposite. It makes me just want to throw all the meds in the bin however I know how bad the withdrawal is. Has anyone else experienced this and how long did it last with increase this never happened last time x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello I have been on 30mg for 4 and a half weeks I felt ok the first week now I feel exactly what you describe I'm actually terrified of the way I feel I went doctors and asked for the dose to be upped he said it was to early I need to give it 6/8 weeks I'm just trying to keep busy but I feel exhausted and weak even doing nothing and every now and again I get like a manic buzzing feeling but it makes my anxiety worse all I'm thankful for is the sleep I sleep now like an absolute log all I can say is I have suffered terribly on all antidepressants in the first few months these at least are not so bad but at the same time my emotions are all over the shop in very short spaces of time 💐
    • Posted

Yes totally I feel like matazapine is making me bi polar my moods are that up and down I was dine before hand I'm only on this for aniexty but it seems to be making it worse. The tablets do make me manic worse at the 45mg does I took one and never aging but I've been on 30 over 8 weeks went down to 15 for a week but couldn't handle the withdrawal sp back on 30 this tablet definetly messes with your head that's for sure x
  • Posted

Hi Lauren, I can relate to some of the symptoms you describe. I take 45mg mirtazapine every night. Roughly 2 hours after taking the pill I start feeling very drowsy and sleepy (a bit scary state). Plus, I have occasional quick thoughts of unreality, as I'm somewhere out of my body. It's still hard to fall asleep as the itchyness start as soon as I lay down, which very soon wakes me up. Usually, I fall asleep 3-4 hours after taking the pill, last 2 hours feeling very weird, uptight (as you describe), not myself. I only noticed this effect after almost 2 years on it. Before I didn't even know that it's the pill that is doing that.Then I sleep 10-12 hours in the night, and have difficulty to wake up for first 1-2 hours in the morning. The day between feels normal. I hope this has been helpful. All the best.
    • Posted

Horrible tablet isn't it it's so hard to describe what this tablet actually does to US unless you live with these symptoms to someone else I hope they ease for you too however I don't know x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.