Increased citalopram from 30mg to 40mg is this normal please help

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello all so im.on day 7 of increasing my citalopram 30mg to 40mg. i this afternoon i felt tired so i layed down and drifted off to sleep for about 40mins but when i woke up i felt really really sick and very very low mood with heart racing ,feeling hot ect is this normal it has really scared me.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes it is. your used to living in your head all day trying to manage tour anxiety then if you slip off to sleep everything relaxes then you wake up with a jolt. And it takes time to get you back to your level of agitation.

• Posted

oh good will it improve once the new dose takes effect please thank you for replying

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.