Increased dosage to 40mg

Posted , 53 users are following.

Hi

I have spoken to my GP tonight after experiencing anxiety and a general flat feeling. I have been taking 20mg of Fluoxetine since the middle of June. For 4 weeks I suffered awful side effects but persevered and felt better and better each day. However I have continued to feel flat, and slightly disengaged, drained and tired particularly around my time of the month! The doctor told me to up the dose to 40mg which I have done today. She told me to take the 40mg at the usual time of day and said that I wouldn't suffer the side effects again as my body is now used to the Fluoxetine.

Has anyone else upped their dosage and had a positive outcome without suffering side effects?

Thanks

Sally

4 likes, 97 replies

97 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Wow! this is such an inspiring and hopeful thread! Full of people who have made it through - going on holiday even!! Enjoy!!

I'm going to see my GP on Friday, two weeks into Flu. An hour into today and I don't feel too bad - got some sleep last night. I'm to start praticing staying in the moment and out of the future, where my anxiety lurks, waiting to pounce

• Posted

Hi all

I hope everyones starting to feel a little more "human"shall I say lol I certainly think chatting to each other really helps you feel that its not just you and your not the only one feeling as low as you do its so hard to speak to people who look at you and think there's nothing wrong. can I ask is any one on here taking Lyrica or do you take anything else for pain levels ? Thanks Tina x

• Posted

Hi Tina

I take all sorts for pain relief and anti-inflamatory - the main one is probably Gabapentin but I've started Zapain recently parcetamol and codeine - it's really helping, so reduced the generl pain I can actually sort out tense muscles within the overall apin. Started stretching them to great effect! As the pain reduces and as the Flu starts to kick in and the sun is shining again, my mood improves.

Good luck and stay with it!!

• Posted

HI carl

I too take anti inflams, morphine and flux its the actually Lyrica (pregablin) im struggling with im sure my pain doc put me straight on them instead of gabepentin as she said Lyrica was newer but im also sure she told me if I had problems with this this there was a newer one I could try im trying to see if anyone knows what its called before I see my GP Thanks for your help feel like I have been following you today smile Tina x

• Posted

Hi Tina

I'm off morphine now thank goodness, came off via some disastrous buprenorphine patches (I'm allergic to the glue) and tofday go to physio to find out what I can do to help the remaining pain - stretching and erercises, I hope, without setting my back off again.

I don't know Lyrica - sorry. Good luck with your search!

• Posted

Thanks Carl hope today goes well for you I used to have regular physio for my back and one part of it was stretching the spine on traction it felt wonderful while I was there but straight back to the pain when I got home weird feeling x
    • Posted

Thanks Carl hope today goes well for you I used to have regular physio for my back and one part of it was stretching the spine on traction it felt wonderful while I was there but straight back to the pain when I got home weird feeling x
    • Posted

• Posted

Yes! A very helpful young womann listened and then tested me for flexibility and then showed me some exercises/stretches. Not too many and not to onerous - something manageable!! And an appointment to see a colleague in the gym in three weeks time. I'm in the programme and the rest is up to me. I've given upon being pee'd off at needing a gym at 69 years of age - if it's good for me, it's good for me. I may as well try to live my remaining years as best I can - which I have not been for  18 months, pain and depression, as you know, are not a fun way to live. So onward and upward, the fight back begins!!
    • Posted

How is your back these days, Tina? Are you coping with it?
    • Posted

Thst sounds good Carl I too think we have to try make the most if what whhave its all too easy to get sucked under but its a circle that never stops the pain leads I believe to the depression so you medicate sometimes makes you worse. Im struggling with my back had some facet joint injections about four months ago usually get a bit of relief with them but not this time I have a bupermorphine patch too had those around 4 years now but as with every med your tolerence gets less and I really don't want to increase them less il never get off of it. I try everything I can heat ice rubs creams had accupuncture just made my back burn. Will try anything once bought one of those space like mattresses what at a difference that made its fab would recommend them for sure.back strengthening exercise are good if you can do them I guess I cant even get on the floor with my knees lol sound like a right one dont i ? Ha but any tips you have im willing to try so pass them on please smile
    • Posted

Second time that has happened! Type a response and it disappears!

Good to see you smiling, Tina. 

I feel it sucking at my feet, tryring to draw me back into it's depths. I'll try food and distraction.

Sleep tight to both of us. Sleep is good!

• Posted

I rarely sleep have had problems for years the lyrica was the only thing that helped me and darent take no more but im going to get into a hot bubbly bubble bath always feel better after that hope you get some rest Carl try kicking those feet and telling it to go away , do you read is that a distraction for you ? Night sleep tight too Tina x
    • Posted

You have my sympathy for youtr sleep problems! I just hate that, not getting to sleep. As last night, try to stay calm, think pleasant sleepy thoughts - it eventually worked but oh boy! it felt like hours. I'm tireed from the get go today. But I actually got back into bed and dozed for an hour this morning - very uncommon for me to do that and I feel good for having made the decision.

Poor sleep and reading don't go together well so TV is my main distraction but I still nod off a lot. Fall asleep watching TV, go to bed and I'm wide awake! How does that work?

Nice shower now, after a cup of coffee anyway. HAve a good day, Tina.

• Posted

Hi sally

I take 60mg for OCD and general anxiety I had terrible side effects when upping my dose,   I feel ok now though as my obsessions where all excessive exercise which the flu has stopped I feel less mentally drained than ever.

• Posted

Hi,

i upped my dose to 40 and felt awful so tired and a really stiff sore neck.

i feel a little better now though. As you say it does help obsessional thoughts I feel so much better about that and that's a relief in itself.

mine was mainly focused around health.

Linda x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.