Increased dose causing extreme anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on 150mg Venlafaxine for about 3 months - was doing well but had a major relapse a few weeks back - Doctor has increased my dose by another 75mg XL, and though he thought i wouldn't necessarily suffer the same side effects as when I started I am - big increase in anxiety, headaches, hot and cold spells, the lot. I keep telling myself tis will pass but it's now day 11 of the increased dose and though I know it can worsen things for 1 - 2 weeks it seems to be getting worse not better. It would be a great comfort if anyone else has experienced similar and can reassure me that things will improve.

Hoping for some positive responses - no bad news please!

Mike

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you do not feel settled after another 3-5 days (total two weeks+) I would ask the doctor to drop by 37.5. Why would he pump up by 75mg is beyond me. So unnecessary. 37.5 is a much kinder increment.

I am presuming you are on extended release?

• Posted

Hi Mike . I don't know if you remember but you replied to my post several days ago, I too had my dose increased exactly the same as you although I havent suffered the side effects like you I did get increased anxiety, I have just passed the 4 week ma rk and am feeling lots better, I went for a medication review today and was told that you sho uld start to feel the benefit of an increase between 2-4 weeks and and fully benefit at 8 weeks. I have just finished a course of Meta cognitive therapy, it is for people that over think and worry, it really helped with the anxiety, I hope you start to feel better soon😊

• Posted

Mike, there is an app that you can download called MINDSHIFT see if you can find it, it is free and it has some go

od pointers on it Good Luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.