Increased dose feel worse!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, I’m looking for some advise and reassurance. I was on venlafaxine for 12 weeks getting up to a dose of 225mgs. At week 10 I started being able to push myself more and started feeling a bit positive. However, I still wasn’t myself. Pysch increased ven to 300mgs 2.5 weeks ago. Since then I feel I’ve gone backwards.  I’m feeling very tired, spaced out, low and really tense muscles in upper back, shoulders and neck. I am feeling stressed with it all and worried as I saw some improvements and now I feel back at the start. Is this normal? Anyone else experienced this? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hello, i went up to 262.5 almost 3 weeks ago, and 300mg a few days ago. found i felt good for a couple of weeks, but gradually got more tense, especially yesterday, apologies barbara. Then today I feel really down., haven't felt as low is this for a couple of months. pretty sure its the side effects from the dose increases, more so for yourself, as youve gone to 300 quite quickly. think your mind settles down after taking a certain dose for a while, and you stay at a certain level of recovery. when you have a dose increase, it starts the anxiety and depression cycle again, until you settle down again after some time. when you do settle down again, its at an improved level of revovery. probably talking rubbish, but thats how my dose increases have felt. anxiety or tension goes up first, then after a prlonged period, then its back to depression. like starting over again, where you initially feel worse. thats me done dose wise i think. 300mg is pretty much maximum, or not far off. just a case of waiting now. started reading novels again a couple of weeks ago. fiction, and got lost in the story. had a big impact on concentration, and feeling good. think it was responsible for feeling good, after increasing, rather than increase itself. dont think its anything to be concerned about, need to wait another 4 weeks or so, to see where you are heading recovery wise. hope it this anyway.

• Posted

No apologies needed but thanks Nigel. We are all here for one another’s recovery.  Vicki-I hope you find some relief very soon.  And Nigel is very wise. I want you both to feel well again.   
    • Posted

Going back on venlafaxine nothing else is working. See doctor Monday maybe pristiq

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.