Increased from 40-60mg 5 weeks ago, feel anxious and low, is this normal??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi.  I increased my dose of fluoxetine 5 weeks ago from 40-60mg for anxiety, depression and OCD.  I seem to have actually got worse the last couple of weeks, feeling low, tired, lacking in motivation and energy, tearful, anxious and OCD isn't great either!  Is this normal after 5 weeks of the increase?

Many thanks

?Donna xx

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Donna! Yes! It is quite common to have those blips at week 5 of an increase. It's almost like starting over, but the good news is it should be over quite soon. You're almost there, I'm sure of it. A lot of people tend to see improvement on week 6-7.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply Laura......this gives me hope that this.  Many thanks.

Donna xx

• Posted

Hey Donna I'm into my 5th week at 40 increase and yes I am still very up and down. I think it's normal. Hang in there!

• Posted

Hi John,

? Thank you for your reply.  It's encouraging to know that it's all part of the process and that hopefully things will improve!  Was your increase from 20-40mg?  Do you mind me asking the reason you are on Fluoxetine? 

?Donna :-)

• Posted

Thanks John, I only ask I also have OCD and that is the main thing that I'm struggling with at the moment.....as well as the anxiety and depression!  Hopefully things will improve in a few weeks.  Thanks for your advice biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.