Increased pain in opposite arm anyone?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I'm having my op on Tuesday.

I just wondered if anyone found that their opposite arm was more painful because of having to use it more, due to lack of use from the side of the op? It just occurred to me as I am in a lot of pain on both sides at the moment that the other one may struggle?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes must admit the same.

Had open on right side them left's playing up now.

Over use orange could be same problem. I'd ask your consultant. Hopefully gets better once ops over x

• Posted

Hello Sandy.

The pain in the opposite arm is likely to be because you are using it more, muscles working harder than normal, and it should get better as you build up the strength in your arm. Good luck with your op.

• Posted

My experience was I had the opation done in BOTH hands 6 months agousing a micro endoscopic surgical procedure.  It was a relatively pain free recovery.  Less than 1 week after I had to use an electric chainsaw for about an hour.   True!  I wore thick gloves over my bandages.  No problem!  So no I really had few problems.  I received no special treatment other than not driving and I got out of dishes for a while.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.