increased sciatic pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi i have posted on here several times what with suffering with sciatica since May 2018. I had a better day yesterday bit less pain so in my wisdom i thought i would be able to to a bit more, so i potted around in the garden for an hour, nothing major. I still am able to go to work (sometimes i do not know how) but , we have to move with this condition so, a little pruning i thought would be ok. I woke at 2 am due to the pain in my buttocks and down both legs, in agony. I have obviously aggravated the nerves more. I am so fed up of this awful pain. Get my MRI Tuesday this week thank goodness maybe i will get some answers soon. I am so sick of having to lay on the floor each evening as unable to it for long especially morning and night. Anyone else think things are improving and wham no they arnt? x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amanda, you and I started having sciatic pains in the same month this year. The majority of my pains have finally subsided. Im about 90% done with this horrid disability. I too remember when I over did my activity during the day, I would pay for it in the evening. Your chiropractor and physical therapist should of given you a list of do's and dont's. Watch your bending, twisting, lifting heavy things, walk. I think you def over did it in the garden. Are you doing any prescribed stretches and excercices?

• Posted

Hi thanks for your reply, maybe i did over do it in the garden but, i worry it is more than that. My pain is even worse now and seems to be getting worse in my left leg, now in my left calf. My right leg has always been worse as the pain continues down to my foot. i do the stretches the physio gives me x

• Posted

Amanda, have you ever tried acupuncture for your pain? That's what really helped me for pain since I can't take prescription meds. I'm so curious on what your MRI is going to show. You won't find out for a few days after. Mine was L4, L5, S1 disc bulge. Keep fighting. Kindly let me know.

• Posted

Hi Mario, well had my MRI today so will have to wait and see now. Currently laying on the floor with ice on my back as the pain is so bad still. Sadly i started amitriptyline yesterday, i have tried not to go back on this awful drug but, i am desperate. I have not tried acupuncture as told it will not cure sciatica just helps muscles relax. I have a shaitsu massage in the morning. x

• Posted

Yes, my physio also had me lay on the floor for many months. Once the pain subsides starts to go away, maybe you will be able to graduate to a recliner? Acupuncture does not cure sciatica. But it does numb the nerves Do whatever it takes for the pain. Acupuncture does not cure sciatica. It numbs and relaxes the nerves so that you can have some relief. Does shiatsu massage help you? I would think it would be kind of tough on the lower back? Do whatever it takes to get your pain relief.

• Posted

Hi Mario, shiatsu massage does not hurt my back, he is gentle with me but, i guess he knows i am in pain so is kind. However, i do ache the next day. Do you ache at all after acupuncture?

• Posted

No I don't ache at all after acupuncture. Needles are to fine, you'll barely feel them. Acupuncture numbs your nerves and puts them to sleep for pain relief so you can rest.

• Posted

Ty Michael for this info. This acuraflex sounds like the real deal. It has all the important pain relieving an anti-inflammatory natural ingredients in it. I'm actually taking the supplements in this acuraflex separately. Maybe Amanda could benefit from this.

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

I'/m going to give you the best 2019 New Year's present that you will receive for the coming year; an insight in how to 'cure' (or permanently reduce the pain associated with Sciatica.)

The key is to identify 'where you are getting the pain from. Doctors cannot identify it with MRI"s, Xray's and other diagnostic tests. They cannot find it because it is microscopic and comes from BACTERIA. The bacteria is what you ingest when you eat almost ANY FOOD.

Therefore when you eat chicken, ribs, meat, eggs, cheese, milk, fish, shrimp, (and other vairations) you WILL get pain. It will intensify when you eat meats (especially chicken and hot dogs/pork). Check to see if your pain INCREASES within 1-2 hours of eating hot dogs (from Costco for example - some of worst bacteria). This is not only from your local and state food sources. This is a Global Epidemic.

This comes from 'unintended consequences of the food and dairy industry using ANTIBIOTICS in their food production. "Super bacteria in the cattle, chicken etc, survive enough to be eaten by individuals. The bacteria immediately goes into the blood supply and is distributed to the back, side and other lower extremities and inflames the nerves in the back and leg that control pain.

This is easy enough to prove. Simply go ahead and eat Pollo Loco (some of worst bacteria chicken around). Your pain will increase. It will intensify and increase to sacral areas and also down the leg. The immediate amelioration will come from a) going Vegan or b) making sure that ALL Food that you eat that is in these categories are 'organic' (no antibiotics). Even food that is organic, however, that is cooked on the same grill/pans as non organic will get infected and spread the bacteria.

Also, most people that will be affected will mostly be over 50 years of age and have weakened immune systems having had themselves doses of antibiotics in the past 5-10 years administered by doctors for anything from the flu to sinus problems.

CURE - Besides making what now sounds like 'radical' food changes in your diet there are 'supplements' that will 'finish the job' to kill off the bacteria and make your pain free moving forward. These can be purchased from Amazon, whole Foods, and Sprouts for approx. $35. Regardless, the hypocrisy and random stupidity of the CFAO's (Confined Food and Animal Operations) that produce our tainted food supply is in a 'UNHOLY ALLIANCE with the pharmaceutical industry which sells them the antibiotics and hormones. It' s a horrible and insidious malfeasance.

If there is enough response to this posting then I will go further into what supplements will cure the pain.

• Posted

Amanda, have you ever tried Stem cell therapy for your increased sciatic pain? That's what really helped me for pain since I can't take prescription drugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.