Increased Sertraline dose....help me!

Posted , 9 users are following.

So I was on 50mg for a while and I was fine. Then out of the blue I became very depressed which triggered my anxiety. I went to the doctors who suggested an updose so I've gone up to 100mg it's now day 7 and I am beside myself! I feel so lonely, anxiety is through the roof, I'm scared of everything. I feel as if the one I love can't cope with me and is going to walk away from me.

I can't cope...everything at the moment feels so hopeless.

I just need to hear that I'm not going to be stuck like this forever because I genuinely don't know how much more I can take.

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there, Im on 150 and went up in 25s every few weeks...50 was too big a jump. Each time i upped by just 25 it took 3 weeks to settle on that dose. With each dose increase i had 3 weeks of increased anxiety, dizziness, lack of motivation. Im not 100% on 150, Id say 70%. I still get the odd anxiety attack but they pass quicker and arent as severe. Im also on betablockers tho that prevent the nasty effects of adrenalin dump on the heart. But 70% is so much better than the constant high anxiety i had 4 months ago and daily panic attacks and night ones that woke me through the night. So Id say, if you can, another 2 weeks on 100 and it should settle, or, like i did, drop back to 75 for a couple of weeks then up to 100 (you can break the tablets by hand). Its taken me 4 mths to up to 150 and feel mostly settled. It seems a long haul but is worth it, better than the alternative! I made 2 good friends on here and we helped each other through, ones on 150 and that was the dose that got her back to work and out n about, the others on 100, vould probsbly do with more but is trying to keep the dose as low as possible, but both have made excellent progress in 4mths. I also have 3 work friends who swear by it for anxiety/depression. Keep me posted on how youre doing, all the best x
    • Posted

Hi Julie,

Thank you for responding to me. It's nice to talk to people who are struggling or have struggled through the same thing.

This isn't the first time I've had to do this but it was a good few years ago and I don't remember it being quite this bad. Especially not from just an updose.

I will stick with it as best I can. I'm lucky to have a very understanding family.

• Posted

That's a big dose jump. Can you try 75 for a bit then go up? 

• Posted

I don't know what to do for the best. Whether to just suck it up and stick out the higher dose or trickle it rolleyes I just know I don't want to feel like this anymore!

• Posted

I went through this when my dose was increased from 25 to 50. I stuck it out for 22 days, but that was it. Anxiety, not sleeping, it was nuts! I think maybe you could try 75 for two weeks then increase, can you give your Dr a call, let him know what you are going through.
    • Posted

I have taken 75mg tonight see if I can do that for a week and up it again this time next week
  • Posted

Hey,

I was 50mg for two weeks. I've been on 100mg for 2 weeks now. I felt so low and my anxiety was through the roof, couldn't get to sleep either. I'm now sleeping and feeling better today. So stick with it.

• Posted

Hi one step,

Love your name, definitely need to live by it.

Yea I am going to stick with them. It's just getting through this stage...it really is taking me to breaking point. Intrusive thoughts etc etc etc. I feel as though I'm going crazy!

• Posted

Thank you. Try to remember the phrase whenever your feeling down. Works for me.

Hang in there.. I've had the thoughts too better days are coming. x

• Posted

Thank you. It's amazing how just hearing those words that's things will get better can lift ones soul. Means even more coming from those who have or are still suffering

• Posted

Just an update...i think going up to 100mg is just too much. I was doing well on 50mg for a good few months and instead of seeing if I could deal with it myself I've jumped straight into "I must need more tablets". I can't cope with the updose. I woke up this morning and wanted to die. I'm going back down to 50mg.

• Posted

How long have you been taking the 100mg for? Do what you think is best for you.

I did think the same as well but I carried on and now I'm feeling good.

• Posted

One and a half weeks. I can't cope one step. I feel like I'm drowning, I get no respite. Luckily for me I'm staying at my auntie and uncles who are looking after me but I find myself feeling disconnected.

• Posted

Make an appointment with your GP asap.

Maybe the jump was to much for you. 75mg might be better and go up slowly xx

• Posted

I have diazepam and propranolol but I don't want to rely on those. My doctor isn't very good. X

• Posted

Neither was mine. I had to tell her to put me on sertraline after Prozac didn't work. Ask to see a different doctor xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.