Increased to 100mg of Sertraline and feel rubbish

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been on Sertraline now for 16 weeks for severe anxiety and panic disorder. I did 1 week on 25mg, 5 weeks on 50mg, 6 weeks on 75 mg and 4 weeks on 100mg. The first 6-7 weeks I felt awful, heightened anxiety and insomnia, then I started on 75mg and felt amazing. Got my energy back, was sleeping well and felt like the old me again, although I was still getting occasional anxiety, so decided to go up to 100mg. Since then I have severe insomnia, feel irritable, have no energy and def not feeling as happy. Also waking up with anxiety in my belly again. Should I go back down to 75mg? I would have thought that after 4 weeks on 100mg I would have seen an improvement.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Stephanie,

I had the exact same thing. I had an amazing 2-3 weeks on 75 mg but still had a few rough days. The GP told me to move to 100 Mg (as she said we want to have more good days)- at 100 mg not great, but a few ok weeks and lots of hope that this was the right level- then I had a "blip" and moved to 125mg- I am not sure if I move up or down- And really, I think that I need to just give it more time.

The funny thing is, I know it works as I had taken it (zoloft) before- it took time, but wow, it worked. I stopped needing it or anything for almost 6 years.

Like you, my big question is- If it works at 75 mg for a period, does this just mean you need more time?

I really hate all the time and energy I waste on anxiety. I will keep you up to date on my progress, and really I know it will get better, and soon this will just be a distant memory, like having a bad flu

• Posted

Hey Rich,

I am currently going through the same as you when you were readjusting to 75 mg; it is close to my 6th week overall since being on 50 mg successfully for almost 2 years. I am in a funky way and my anxiety has been going haywire and it has made it feel worse than when I restarted for the first few weeks.

Did you make any progress? Can you help offer any guidance?

Please help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.