Increased ven again

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello everyone mike here well my last post i had increased my ven well feeling dreadfull for the past 6 months only a few bearable days yesterday my GP increased my ven to 225 daily the highest dose i have been onit will take a couple of weeks to start workink i think i hopewill keep you all posted or if you have felt like me please comment let me know and we can help each otherbye for now mike

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Edited

Hi Mike. I am currently on 300mg per day. I was on 225mg until I had a bad episode of depression with high levels of anxiety (i hate that they happen together). The increased dosage usually takes anything from a few days to a couple of weeks as you know so best of luck.

Are you on extended release or instant release tablets? I am on extended and I think the max dose for these is 375 mg. I am resigned to being on them for life as these are the first ones to work for me and the thought of withdrawal terrifies me.

• Posted

hello there thank you for your reply im on moderate release ven ive been on them sinc the loss of my son 15 years ago but lately iv felt awfull lets hope things get better for the both of us kind regards mike

• Edited

So sorry to hear that, Mike. My GP has increased my dosage recently too so I am in the waiting period, hoping the increased dosage works for me. Next step will me max dosage and after that it may have to be trying another AD. Venlafaxine withdrawal terrifies me so I hope they will let me do a double taper - tapering off the Ven whilst tapering on to the new one. Who knows? Stay Safe.

• Edited

i think in UK they seem to be called modified release

• Posted

how are you getting on with the increase to 300mg? i increased to 262mg 6 weeks ago and im still feeling nervousness and get startled easily..

• Edited

Hi Mike - I think all dose adjustments carry side effects. I have just started on Ven (75mg - day 4) and my anxiety is really bad. I'm also currently on Mirtazapine (reduced from 30mg to 15mg when I started on Ven). I think it's a case of hanging on in there, but it can be really tough because when your in the anxiety/depression it feels like it will never end. All the best, Stephen.

• Edited

hello all my doctor has reduced my ven down to 111 mg mod rel daily i dont know if you rember i only have one eye and the ven has been giving me blurred vission but its so hard ive been on ven for 30 yrs i think it may be degeneration too im 71 now and border line for drivingi felt much better on 150 mg ven but my sight was worseany suggestionsthank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.