Increased vomiting - diagnosed gastroparesis

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone! I'm just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to do I've been throwing up more than usual since Monday I've been to the GP on Wednesday for a stemetil injection and then Thursday to be put on buccastem 6mg 3 times a day with no real effect my pain around my back and lower right abdomen has also increased and no relief is gained from takin dihydrocodeine, I've not been able to eat properly either I'm just wondering should I phone up 111 or just wait until Monday to see my own doctor?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Since you have only just been given medication on Wednesday and Thursday, I would give it a week to give it a chance to work.  If no better after that point, see your doctor again.  Medication takes time to have an effect.
    • Posted

It's not entirely new it's only been doubled but it's no use, can't keep vomiting like this like it's torture I've tried almost all anti sickness drugs but they only seem to work when given IV/IM

• Posted

Ask your doctor about getting anti sickness injections more regularly.
    • Posted

Not really I'm under the general surgeons but feel like they aren't really understanding what's going on and aren't really helping so I'm going to ask for a gastro review do you think that's the right thing to do?

• Posted

You are better off seeing a gastroenterologist because they will have more specific knowledge of gastroparesis than a general surgeon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.