Increasing.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last time I increased from 10 mg to 20 mg I had what felt like cold rushes go through my body. Im dur to increase to 30 mg but have done 25 mg instead and once again im experiencing the same thing....is this just heightened anxiety? My anxiety is starting to get the better of me and make me believe its something else!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alison

What you are experiencing is very similar to what I'm going through. In fact I was just about to post because I am struggling this morning. I was originally on 10mg then almost 1 month to the day I crashed and they bumped to 20mg now I have 1 pill left and I'm feeling thsee cold rush feelings. I also want to know if this is anxiety or somthing else. I don't understand what's happening.

• Posted

Have you been getting it since increasing too Scott? Im also getting some horrible aches and pains
    • Posted

No mine is the opposite I felt better when I increased but all the crappy feelings come back after a month. I never had a problem with the increase only when I first started citalopram did I experience all the terrible side affects
    • Posted

Maybe we both need an increase??

I feel like im trapped in my own head with my thoughts! Its driving me mad. Ive started getting a constant knot in my stomach which im assuming is anxiety??

Im not sleeping very well at all either which is fuelling my anxiety...... I havean appt with the psych on wed so going to explain to her how im feeling. I like u wasnt to badon the increase but my anxiety seems to be back with a vengeance like at the beginning. I know I need to increase. Ive been on the 20 mg for10 weeks now.

I dont like these cold rushing feelings that go through me tho! They freak me out.

• Posted

Hi Allison,

I am on 40mg. Each time I increased, in 10mg stages a month at a time I still had some weird side effects, felt spaced, foggy and at times thought my anxiety, like you, was getting worse. I was signed unfit for work and didn't go out much, in fact it took a while to go out on a regular basis even with my Fiance.

We can (not everyone though) have a certain amount of health paranoia imagining all kinds of things that are wrong with us, I did! Last year during one of my appts I managed it to my Doctor, she said most were possibly nothing to worry about as there really may be nothing wrong. However, she put me through loads of blood tests, ECG for heart, scans for lungs, checked for diabetes etc, etc. In the end she was right. (Mind you I did have two unrelated not known at the time physical illnesses, the second of which turned out to be apppendicitis later last year.

All I suggest is try do what I did (and it took me some effort), but it worked quite soon. That was to accept that anxiety may be causing the paranoia and likewise paranoia may be causing the anxiety - although Cita does cause anxiety to be able to treat it, but it takes time.

Some times you just have to take yer hand off the tiller and just go with the flow, trust in Cita and believe you will get through all the cr*p. Do not try and get back to "normal" whatever you may think that is. I thought my normal was my job at the time, but it was that which brought me here (I have now given up that what made me ill). However, fortunately I did come here and I have never looked back! This is the place to be for advice, help and reassurance (or even just a chat in the wee hours!).

Keep reading, keep posting and keep the faith!

Regards,

David

• Posted

Hi David thanks for the reassurance.. Can I ask was it only when you started taking 40 mg that you started to improve?

Im getting disheartened that bcus ive been on 20 mg for 10 weeks and dont feel much better anxiety wise andmy sleep hasnt improved either that itsnotgoing to work. Is it just a case of finding the right dose?

I hear what youre saying about the health paranoia...this is something ive always suffred with. Waiting for cbt for that.

Alison

• Posted

Hi Alison,

I did start to notice little changes (not saying improvements) at 20mg and after checking with my Doctor I increased to 30mg (then I started to see the odd improvement). I asked to go to 40mg when I wanted to break through the last barrier, I felt holding me back. That was March last year. It took me until middle of May before I felt the full benefit, in fact I noticed that I hadn't noticed any side effects or major problems by then.

However, I had a dental issue with a wisdom tooth which saw me referred to the local general hospital, I had an extraction and a biopsy, but everything was clear. This did cause a wobble to the new found level I had got to. No sooner had I got me level back when I was rushed in to hospital with appendicitis and nearly didn't return!!! I have had two family bereavements since, the last my big brother at the beginning of December just gone. So, I am not back at square one, but I am experiencing lows due to grieving and who knows when I shall reach that level again?

Funny (in a way) when I look back to May I was discussing with my Fiance and Doctor about trying to start a very slow and gradual reduction as I felt good!

NAAAAAAAAAAH! Ain't going to happen for a while now, if it does at all. That is the thing, as someone asked here last year "if it's working, why come off?" Well, ine day I'd like to try as I don't usually do drugs, but have to admit this one is worth sticking, with this old "sticking plaster for the brain" - we just gotta give it time and it takes as long as it takes, I'm afraid.

One thing helps is music, crank up the volume to yer favourite track, album whatever and let yer hair down, scream, shout let it all out. Try it, it works for many of us here!

You take care, try and keep positive, keep in touch with the forum and also try to have a good weekend!

The very best,

David x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.