INCREASING ADVICE NEEDED

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all,

I have been on Citalopram for 10 weeks at 20mg the first 4 weeks were horrendous which insomnia and heighten anxiety.

The Doctor gave me a course of Diazepam between week 4 and week 8 and I instantly felt better.

Since stopping the Diazepam, I had a blip two days later then had two good weeks and I thought the Citalopram was finally starting to work but last weekend I’ve hit another blip (side effects of the blip are heighten anxiety about things from years ago / racing thoughts and bad sleep again).

I went to see the Doctor last night and he said that 20mg probably isn’t the right dose for me and that I should increase to 30mg and take a course of Lorazepam to counter any side effects when increasing my dose OR he said I could switch to Fluoxetine at 40mg** I am not sure what is best? **

**Can people also advise when you say you have a blip what does your blip consist of? What anxiety do you get? **

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am not qualified to advise as i am currently on the same journey as you.

I have taking this trip once before sadly so i do have experience from that. I started at 20mg late in November of 2021 and made steady progress until august 2022 at which time i was 100%.

Then i went off and now i am back in the fight to ramp up again.

My experience was that i kept having blips all the way. They got fewer and far between but it took a long, long time.

For me, the blips were very similar to what you describe and i don't know if they were my issues or side effects from the citalopram.

My side effects were extreme right from the start.

• Posted

hi Tim message me on here please ill help best I can xx

• Posted

the meds will surely help the months you are on them but you have to retrain your brain and thought processes its bot easy you have to have a lot of patience persistence and ease through the anxiety

allow it to be there and let it have its say if you fight it it makes it worse i recommend therapy and reading about anxiety to fully recover it took us a ling time to get here, be patient with yourself to get out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.