Increasing celexa from 20 mg to 40mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

this is the first time i have ever used a site like this and i need some advice. last november i had a stroke, and quit smoking cold turkey and started back on celexa 20mg all at the same time. needless to say i was a mess. I SURVIVED! 6 months later i started to get some feeling of anxiety and just not feeling like my self so the Dr wants to increase my dose to 40 mg. i am terrified to go through the side effects again. can anyone tell me if the effects will be like when i started?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

medication’s work differently for everybody but if you’ve already been on the medication, I wouldn’t think that the side effects would be like when you first started. Your body most likely got used to the medication by now. Even if you have some mild side effects, they should eventually even out and probably wouldn’t take that long to do that. If you want a professional opinion about your question, you can always call and speak with a pharmacist. They know these medication’s very well. hope your anxiety reduces!

• Posted

Hi. i had awful side effects when i started on 20mg, i almost didn't carry on with it. however when i moved up to 40mg i only had mild side effects for a few days, mostly nausea which eased quite quickly and i was really glad i increased.

wishing you all the best

• Posted

thanks for the advice. did you feel better after you increased?

• Posted

yes a lot better thanks. i was glad i increased

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.