Increasing Cymbalta from 30 mg to 40 mg

Posted , 6 users are following.

I’ve been on Cymbalta 30 mg for about six months, my doctor just upped it to 40 mg last week, I’ve been on 40 mg for about 9 days and have been really jittery and anxious. Is this normal when increasing dosages? When should it diminish and when should I start to feel better? i thought it would have evened out by now. thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mere

It's perfectly normal to feel like this for a few days after a dose increase but nine days is a little long so maybe worth checking with your doctor.

Duloxetine is a good medication, it helped me very much.

Please don't go on Cymbalta Hurts Worse Facebook group. This group should be shut down. It is run by people without proper medical training and is extremely anti ANY psychiatric medication, not just duloxetine. If anyone asks any type of question about any other type of medication they are immediately bullied into submission. I'm sorry, but telling people to come off of their medication when they have absolutely no knowledge of the persons diagnosis or circumstances is incredibly dangerous. Many people would not still be here, living productive and worthwhile lives without this type of medication.

• Posted

thank you! ive been in touch w my doctor and she said let her know if it continues. it just seems like its too long!! im very sensitive to med increases, so maybe its taking longer. and i agree, im not about to look on that page!! i dont need to hear anything bad! every med has issues.

• Posted

I'm glad your doctor has put your mind at rest but do go back if things don't improve 😃

• Posted

too many side effects everyone different ONE can get many symptons over time all i say check your blood LIVER ALT. If it increases youll be fatigued sweaty itchy skin. I personally would not recommend this drug to any lab ratits 30, 60, 90, 120 doses.

• Posted

HI Good afternoon I was on 20 mg , My Dr upped it to 30mg . I Have been on 30 mg for about 1 month and have been jittery too in the morning when i wake up . I Am confused because I have a diagnostic of anxiety and deppresion. DR says 20 mg is a very slow dosis but I AM a very sensitive person to prescriptions . I exercise in the morning and do yoga. this help me a little bit but I Am considering to slow my dosis. DOCTORS DON'T FEEL THIS HORRIBLE ANXIETY and every patient is unique and different!

• Posted

late here... but why did the Doc up your dose? Was the 30mg not working anymore?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.