Increasing Dosage 50mg to 100mg advice please

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been on 50mg for about 13 weeks and the anxiety is starting to play me up again the past few days.

I have 100mg to take but they have been sitting in the drawer for the past 4 weeks, scared to increase. Anxiety subsided alot, but I feel it creeping back in and it worries me.

I was wondering if anyone has felt any side effects from increasing from 50 to 100?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Just took my first 100mg tablet, see how that goes. Had a rough night sleep last night, dont feel like I hardly slept at all, so 12 weeks in I shouldnt be feeling like this, feels like this is the perfect time to increase, my body is saying its time.

Worried, but also hopeful.

• Posted

Hi there.

I've been on 150mg for about 6 months. I started on 50 for a month or so with no help, still kept having massive anxiety attacks and the depression did not subside. In fact the first month was hell, worse than without the sertraline. My doc put me on 100 and over the next month I gradually started feeling better but still not perfect and with some pretty bad days, he then upped my dose to 150 and within a month I felt perfect, better than in years. Infact I now feel like \"me\", totally normal. Every so often I might have a weird hour or two or if I'm overly tired but after a good nights sleep I'm fine again.

I'm going to give it a year and then start decreasing my dose and see how it goes.

But my advice is, always give your dose a month or two, theres normally a \"Baptism of Fire\" involved with these things, if you dont improve have your doc up your dose, it can only make you feel better, it did me :o))

Steve(35 yo healthy male, non-smoker/drinker)

• Posted

This has been really helpful to read. I've been on 50mg for about 3/4 months now and WAS feeling fabulous... but for the past couple of weeks now I can feel that dreaded anxiety coming back and I've been suffering from bouts of depression again too. Hopefully my Doc will be understanding enough to up my dose.
  • Posted

Hi Suzy,

He should, 50mg is a low dose, anways after being on 100mg for 12 days I found I was really spaced out in the mornings, so I decided to decrease back to 50mg and I have to tell you I am feeling great again, and have been back on 50mg for 2 weeks again. I think maybe I needed a little boost and it did the trick.

Perhaps that would work for you, I dont think how you are feeling back for good.

• Posted

steve F,

I was just reading ur post and am very happy for you that you are feeling well.

Something struck me about myself whilst reading it, you said its great to feel like \"me\" again and i realised that i have forgotten what its like to be \"me\", i find that quiet sad!!!! sad

• Posted

i feel exactly the same,but i havnt totally forgotten im constantly being reminded by my friends,i use to be so confident ,loud and fun to be around but im een bored with myself,hopefully taking sertraline will help me be the old me and join in with my friends rather than feeling jelou that i cant let myself go and be me x
  • Posted

Hi, I was on 50mg for about 2 years and at first I thought that it had done the trick, but about 6 months ago I started to suffer again quite badly. I then got prescribed 100mg and so far things are working out. As for the real \"me\" I can't remember who that was but at the moment I think I'm as close to been me as I've been in a long time.
  • Posted

Started off in 50mg-but found that I was still struggling with life and the universe so Gp raised the meds to 100mg after about 6 weeks. Been on 100mg for about 3 months and so far so good. I still get the occassional problems-but def fewer and far between. Other then the feeling of nausea, when the dose was increased-it was the best thing I did-not sure how it will continue, but do feel positive about the dosage-Good luck to all of us!
  • Posted

Hi everyone,been on Sertraline for 4 weeks now & still feeling spaced out aswell as not sleeping properly. Really suffered badly to start with,but this eased after a while until it re-occurred on my dosage being upped to 100Mg. Been told by Doc to bear with it,so hope things get better as hate this feeling grrrrr!
  • Posted

What are you taking? Sounds like you need anti anxiety pills not anti depressants.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.