increasing dosage from 10 mg to 15mg thoughts

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have posted this already somewhere else, but wanted to see if I can get other responses.

Hello Everyone,

I am rapping up my second week of citolapram.  I do feel a bit better, my wife says she does see a difference, small incremental difference but a difference none the less.  My appettite has gotten better and I feel better in the afternoon, than I do in the morning.  That could be timing of my my meds as well, I take the citalopram around 5-6 in the evening.  I was thinking about upping my dosage to 15mg a day.  Because last year 30 was the final dose I was on the last time around.  But I want to slowyly build up to that.  My Doctor also wants to increase Buspar to 10mg 3x a day.  But still means I am taking meds 4x a day.   Constant thought of taking meds, ugh.  

Does anyone feel a difference when they increased their dosage?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Brian, I'm so glad your starting to feel better, re dose of AD only you can say what's best for you so given your previous experience so if you want to increase to 15mg a day then your GP should take notice.

Your bound to feel a difference if the dose is increased so I say go for it.

• Posted

Hi Brian I was on 20mg for a long time then anxiety came back out of the blue! Docs increased to 30mg and anxiety returned. Been on 40mg now and feeling better
    • Posted

Elaine,

I am glad that you are feeling better.  I am slowying trying to increase my dosage to 30, that is what I was at and I felt ok.   See how it goes.  Again, glad you are feeling better.

• Posted

I gave my 20mg dose a good 3 months before deciding to up the dose. Mainly because I suffer from OCD so need the higher dose. I feel less anxious on the higher dose now but this is virtually 6 months down the track. Short term increase of meds doesnt change anything, And any time you up the dose it is like starting all over again (up to 6 weeks of adjustment). I recommend sticking with it for at least a month before upping the dose. I personally went from 10 to 20 to 30 as the adjustment periods make me feel very flat I didnt want to go through it every time with 10 15 20 25 30 etc. 

Good luck Brian! (my dad's name is brian too smile )

• Posted

Hi Brian,

My name is Brian as well..I've been on Citalopram 10mgs for 2 1/2 months and thinking I should move up to 15mgs because anxiety is still looming, but I go to work and manage my day to day..How was it going from 10mgs to 15mgs?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.