Increasing dose

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey folks..

I am on week 7 of 20mg of Fluox and I am now increasing to 30mg. I am OK with increasing and thought I would probably have to as I have switched out of 60mg of Citlopram after taking it for 15 years. 

I am feeling like I need a higher dose as I still have my up and down days which I know is completely normal. When I changed over to Prozac I knew that it would take its sweet time getting into the system and it was not a quick fix. I have also realised I can not just rely on pills alone and I am now back seeing a Psych.. best thing I ever did. I am looking forward to having steadier days and I know that they will happen! Keep your head up people smile

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey smile how are you going with your increase? I've increased by only 5mg recently and experiencing some side effects

• Posted

Hey Aquin,

I have for sure had a few side effects. I noticed I am back to being awake more often and trouble sleeping. I had a bit of nausea this morning and also a mild headache but once I popped an advil I was all good. I take my tablets between 5 - 7pm usually. 

What is the total dose you are on and how long have you been on them for? smile

• Posted

Hi lookingonwards,

I had those same side effects! I'm in week 9 of fluoxetine. I've been gradually titrating up from 5mg and i'm currently on 15mg as of 1.5 weeks ago. When i hit 10mg i stayed on it for 5 weeks and had definite improvement, it was great! I wasn't sure if i'd have side effects again seeings that my body really settled into the 10mg. From 10mg i went up to 12.5mg for 1 week.. I had a couple of off days and some sleep disturbances but nothing too bad, then after 1 week i went to 15mg and ended up having a pretty bad week with increased anxiety and depression. The reason i'm going up so slowly is because i have pretty bad anxiety and panic disorder and OCD so i have to be pretty gentle with myself.

My goal is to get to 20mg and stay there for a few months before deciding if i need to go up in dose again. I take my meds at about 10am smile i haven't tried taking them of an afternoon/evening but i have a feeling they'd keep my awake.

• Posted

Hello Aquin, how did you get on in the end? Did the sleep disturbances go? Did you stay on 20mg?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.