Increasing dose

Posted , 2 users are following.

HI, have been on 5mg for 10 weeks now, found a marked improvement on my anxiety, have two weeks left on this dose, after reading this forum which a few have said 10mg is normal dose i asked my GP to increase my next prescription to 10mg, will i get symptoms again until the new dose kicks in?, i don't think i could go another 7-9 weeks of feeling like i did when i first started.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi John,

I was curious if you have upped your dose and if so, have your side effects been bad? I was thinking of going up to but I'm nervous.

Happy Holidays!

Sam

• Posted

HI Sam, just started my new dose today so can't say, i really hope it will be better as i'm starting to get really bad anxiety again especially tight chest and breathlessness, what i really think is how long do you put every issue with your health down to anxiety and it's not a real health issue, example, today i walked four hours around a very hilly golf course and suffered really bad breathing problems but no elevated heart rate but made it with no problems, now i know i have let my fitness levels drop as i have not been going out much lately and about 2 stone over weight, i like to think it's anxiety but worry it's something else.

• Posted

I am also having trouble breathing. Do you feel better? Do you think we may be allergic to it?

• Posted

Hi sam, am feeling a bit better,i think i may have had a slight chest infection or light cold, have over the last few days developed a little bit of a productive cough and since then the breathing is getting better and the anxiety is easing, so hopefully it's starting to work,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.