Increasing dose like staring again ?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I thought I had read on here that increasing your dose could be like starting again side effect wise ? I'm looking for explanations to why after a week of increasing to 20 mg my anxiety / and depression appear to be worse ? Anyone else had similair ? I have.a  Family wedding this weekend and am panic stricken / family staying at the house ( I have taken to wandering during the night time insomnia and couch sleeping  to help with the anxiety ) I can't imagine how I'm going to get through it ! Aghhhhhhhh ! ( think I would be stressed even if I wasn't suffering at the mo ! Any tips ? 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

you hit the nail on the head Yvonne when you said you think you'd be stressed even if you weren't suffering.  Events like this are never a cake walk and the calmest of people would be stressing with all this going on.   You're only a week into the new dose and it's probably a combination of the dose settling in and the amount of organising you have to do for the weekend.  It's not really a 'blip' just a lot for you to cope with before the higher dose has had a chance to get working.  Do try to get some time for yourself.  Go out for a long slow walk somewhere quiet, it's a miracle cure really it is.  For the insomnia,  try 'belly breathing', ie just lie in bed breathing normally but concentrate on how it's moving your tummy in and out.  Don't force it or control the breath, just notice it.  After 10 mins, you'll be so much calmer you'll hopefully nod off.  Look forward to after the event and when the higher dose has kicked in, just think Christmas will be stress free smile
    • Posted

Thanks Lexie 

I have found a tutorial for belly breathing and have started to practise ! I fell asleep soon after the first go so thank you very much for the advice xxxx

• Posted

So glad it worked, bet you feel a whole lot better after a good night's sleep.  Good luck with the weekend and I'm sure everyone will look after themselves, just enjoy the wedding and the fun. xxx
  • Posted

Hi Yvonne, I increased my dose from 10 to 20 mg a couple of nights ago. I d been on 10 for 16 days. Today my anxiety has been worse. Lots of people here experience this,one step forward two steps back for a while it seems! And timescale varies from person to person!... Don't want to sound like a pill pusher here but I have read some people have used Valium for the really difficult days while you get used to the cit. would that be a possibility?.. It would be such a shame if your weekend was ruined by anxiety,maybe a low dose Valium would take the edge off the anxiety enough for you to enjoy some of it...I have used it twice in the last couple of weeks as I had a couple of real bad days and felt I couldn't take time off work...best wishes x
    • Posted

Thank you Helen 

yes I have some really low dose 2 mg I might just have to pop one x 

• Posted

Yep this happens unfortunately. And it has with both of my increases. Its horrible but doesnt last long hun. Stick with it smile xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.