Increasing dose: side effects?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Quick question: I'm about to increase my sertraline dosage. The side effects in the first few weeks when I started were pretty bad and I felt really rough at times, mainly with nausea, dizziness etc. I was wondering: will this happen again on increasing the dosage? Or should it be OK now my body is used to the drug? If it's likely I'll get some side effects, how long are they likely to last and how bad might they be?

Thanks in advance :-)

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Brilliant. And I am sure you are/were excellent in the presentation. Stripping wallpaper eh? Every room in our new house needs doing - but it's liveable for the time being. And it will probably be back in fashion by the time we get around to it. I'm not safe to do it myself - am a bit accident prone, not to mention ham fisted. I am not totally useless though, I have many many plant babies this year (proud mum look)

I can sum up today in one word.

HUNGOVER

:oops:

I look forward to your email, but don't feel it has to be today, I will allow you to have a life outside of our ethernet contact :lol:

• Posted

Oh dear, I woz rumbled :oops:

Feeling strangely guilty, like when an adult would say 'I am SO disappointed in you'

Hope you can remember what the gmale address was or you may have to bite the bullet and register too

And Iam(still)notastalkerhonest

x

• Posted

I doubt you will read this but if you do:

I am having a horrible time. It looked like 4 or so days after each drop was going to be the worst but it's stretching into 6/7. Bad day yesterday, nearly fainted whilst out with the dog - not good standing in a muddy alley containing dog poo (why can't people pick it up!!!!!) Poor boyfriend heard me come home sobbing.

Head feels like a bowling ball. Constant headache. Tinitus is really bad. Confusion. Nausea. Vomiting. Gas. Disturbed sleep. Feel like I am getting flu. Can't study due to cabbage brain, feeling totally useless.

Determined to kick the last amount this week, meant to be going away on the 14th and if I can't drive I am stuffed.

I knew it was going to be hard but it is so dehibilitating. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER going to take anything like this ever again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.