Increasing from 20mg to 40mg of CIT

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have just been recommended by my Dr to increase my dosage from 20mg to 40 mg I have been doing so well on the 20mg but we are moving to another area & it has seemed to have pushed me back to the beginning feeling really bad again anxiety & scared & apprehension of moving. Has anyone else upped their dose & did it improve their mood & coping abilities. This awful thing is so consuming & so not me I have always been a strong happy person I just want to go back to me !!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Moving to 40mg, for me, was the best thing I've done in ages. Been on it around 4 weeks and once I got through the side effects it's all worth it. My episodes are now very few and far between and my motivation that I thought was never coming back, has come back. am now coping with chores in a way I only dreamed of. Started off slow and gradually built up.

Good luck with the move

• Posted

Thank you . Will be patient so much want me back & to get on with life & think of everything new thing an adventure😃
  • Posted

Hi Linda

I recently increased from 20-40mg (day 11 now at 40mg) and I definitely feel better. I think a lot of people think going up in 10mg stages is better than by a full 20mg but it has worked for me with no noticeable side effects, maybe a bit more tired. I did what the Dr recommended for me. We are all different so do what makes you feel comfortable.

Rx

• Posted

Hi, I increased from 20mg to 40 mg around 6 months ago, due to continued very low mood. I have had depression on and off for years. I was beginning to spend too much time staying in bed rather than having to face the world or do things. My job at that time was also having a negative impact on my wellbeing. I have found that the increase in dosage recommended by my GP- has had a major impact on how I feel overall and on my ability to have the motivation to do things. I have been lucky enough not to have side effects and I actually feel normal, Happy and content and have even began to lose weight again after putting on around 3 stone in the last 2 years, I am able to focus more on the things I like doing, I don't feel tired all the time. I found  a new job which is worthwhile and which I am able to enjoy. Of course I do not put all of this down to the medication alone-  and I do need to push myself sometimes- but it does help massively in terms of how I feel on a day to day basis and enables me to focus outwards instead of inwardly if you know what I mean. I have no intentions of coming off this or reducing it. Just thought it would be worth sharing my experience with you- and I hope it works for you.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your really positive story it is so encouraging for me. I am going to continue with the increased meds & hope to improve. I am also trying hard to help myself but it is so hard but i am a fighter . So hopefully onward & upwood

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.