Increasing from 30mg to 45mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on mirtazapine 30mg for 9weeks now with overall positive improvement on my anxiety and mild depression. I'm being treated mainly for generalised anxiety disorder as a result of insomnia. My sleep is fab now, but unfortunately my generalised anxiety stuck with me. I'm still not feeling 100% me, I still feel quite uneasy and uncomfortable at times and so have been prescribed 45mg, haven't started taking yet as a bit warey...keep hoping that the 30mg will start to work permantly but I've had a rubbish day today and just wondered if people found an improvement in anxiety when increasing to 45mg.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hey rachael , I've bn on 30mg now and have now started to feel the benefits.... I'm eating again may b too much lol and as u say my sleep is fab.... I was extremely ill eight yrs ago and got better... however as u say my 30 mg helped with the majority of my symptoms were helped but my mood still remained low there fore my psych then introduced me to 5mg escitalopam during the day with the mirt as a combo and voila the perfect match for me.... was on both for two yrs and very well for six years of my med... now to me 45 is quite high and my psyche nurse says they don't usually put someone up to 45 mg but everyone is different... how do u feel about that?....the gp does not usually put patients on two antidepressants unless they r c ing a pyshc as it usually there decision.... if ur still unsure check ur options with ur gp ..... 45 might also just do the trick for u.... hope u gt sorted soon... I am having CBT at present for my anxiety and I must admit it's almost diminished ... gd luck.....
  • Posted

Thanks Jacqueline smile I've been on the 30mg for just over 9 weeks now, and I would say it has generally helped me become more stable but I feel I need something to give me that little bit more calm. I tried citalopram before mirtazapine and due to the fact that my anxiety was only started from insomnia...needless to say the citalopram did not help at all...it just gave me 0hours sleep over 5 whole days which made my mental state worse! I'm not seeing a pysch or any kind of mental health team. I'm only 22 and this is my first episode of depression/anxiety. Doctor thinks I have post natal that went untreated and then all my other life stresses added up and ended up with this. I'm generally okay about trying 45mg...haven't got much to loose BUT my only concern is that I need to tackle this last bit of anxiety myself. I'm at home constantly with my son, my lifes rather boring at the moment as my husband works fulltime so I feel that once my sons at nursery and I can start looking for a job...I may naturally improve as I have other things to occupy my mind. I'm hoping to have CBT, although need to get myself registered at a good doctors surgery before I put my name on the list...and even then..that's if they'll even offer me it!
  • Posted

Hi Rachel .... glad ur feeling more positive.... may b the 45 mite just do it for u.... were all different and meds work differently for everyone so fingers crossed for u.... what a shame they never picked up on your post natal depression it would have saved u going through this... but positively chick ur nearly there and if u gt the opportunity of CBT take it because the combo of med and therapy is great for recovery... nice talking to u.... .kp ur chin up ...kp me posted x
  • Posted

I hope the 45mg will help as I've generally had no side effects from the 30mg. I was wondering today though how long it will take before the 45mg should help. I've felt a little anxious today early evening which wasn't very welcomed sad
  • Posted

Hi Rachael.

It's good that you got no side affects with 30mg...i did 4 days into taking it and they lasted till day 10 + i only increased from 22.5 mg and they want to increase again from 30mg i am digging my heals in after my last past expericences....guess what i'm trying to say is you no your body best upping my dose will create havoc for me so i'll have to try something else....for you however it seems to be agreeing with you let us know how you get on i would be intrested x

• Posted

I started off on 30mg and generally had no side effects, the only thing I noticed in first few weeks was I was really irritable and angry. I'm on day 3 of 45mg now, and have had no side effects increasing so far...the first 2 nights I found it a little harder to sleep but last night was absolutely fine. I have felt calmer yesterday and today but still have a little way to go yet x
  • Posted

For my anxity and panic atacks my dr precribed me propananol along side the mirt and they are working really well i have had no side affects with these they do calm me down without zonking me out which is what mitazapine initially did which is not good when you have to attend work x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.