Increasing my citalopram from 20mg to 30mg - or maybe 25? - help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have been on citalopram since about 2009 and have been happily taking 20mg. Had very bad anxiety with work and have been signed off last month and this month, also put on beta blockers. Since I have been off work I have been experiencing low mood which wavers from day to day, has been worse in the mornings. So I thought that whilst I am off anyway this month I could increase my citalopram to 25mg or 30mg. So I did this today and have just collected them but now I am scared and uncertain whether to increase to 30mg, or just 25mg to 'take the edge off.' I also take mirtapazine at night but this is more of a sleep aid. So far I have cut the 10mg in half and taken that but am unsure what to do?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

you really should talk to your doctor before making any changes in the dose. There may be a reason your doctor wants you on a certain dose or wants to change the dose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.