Increasing my dosage from 75 to 100 but worried about side effects

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've been on Effexor xl 75mg for 9 months, prior to that i was on 37.5 mg. I'm considering going up to 150mg as my mood fluctuates which i hate, very often i'm feeling ok then out of the blue i'm down in the dumps. At times i can't be bothered with people, many whom I like greatly. I can't seem to maintain a happy interested feeling. Any help would be appreciated.

thank-you

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Robert

I've isolated myself from my family similar to what you said.

I have no feelings for them which is upsetting me..

.(((sooo not like me)))

I'm not sure if that's from the medication or the depression but I'm on a lot of medication.....

( sorry this is v. Long....)

I was on 37.5 xl veneflexine in the beginning  (18 months )and then went up to 75 (8 months) but i was struggling...

Under my GP's care...

I ended up having to leave my job (of 10 years that I loved)  due to stress and depression 

in tears all the time

so 2  years later

I'm still on 225xl veneflexine

Then added  100sertraline  this summer...

I was told this was due to being on such a low dose for so long..

• Posted

I've been on 75mg XL for 9 months but my doctor left it to me if I wanted to raise it to 150mg, I now have , 3 days now and having some minor side effects but I think it'll be worth it long term. I'd tried Sertraline but couldn't cope with the effects. It made me feel worse, I did try and stick it out for a while, just didn't suit me.

• Posted

hi Robert  

thank you for your reply

what were the side-effects that you had with the sertraline if you don't mind me asking .,!

I've been told that going up or going down on doses of Veneflexene you should take it very slowly and take a very small change per week or per 2 to 3 weeks

something to think about...

• Posted

Hi Fiona, my anxiety levels increased terribly, I felt spaced out and just didn't feel good at all. So far, 4 days, I increased 75 mg to 150 mg effexor XL and the side effects are similar to what you normally encounter, a bit of nausea, sleep interruption, vivid dreams but these will pass.

• Posted

Hi Robert

thank you for getting back to me

tomorrow I will be two weeks on my higher level of sertraline and lower level of veneflexine 

(150 of each)

Seems like a lot of meds to me

I'm seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow 

I'm trying to lower the  Veneflexine but not too fast as 

I had the shakes a bit last week and nervous itch

( which has left a few sore areas)

I hope you don't have the side effects for too long..

Fiona  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.