Increasing sertraline dosage

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi has anyone experienced worsening mood and depression after increasing. I've been on 100mg for 10yrs but recently went up to 150 but now it makes me feel worse this doesn't make sense it's like my body has just settled at 100mg but to me it's not enough I would of thought an extra 50mg would pick me up but no.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

how long on the 150mg?

• Posted

about 4weeks on/off i know it takes time for it to work but don't forget I've been on 100mg for 10yrs so my body is well used to it.

• Posted

when you say on/off for 4 wks does that mean you aren't taking the 150mg consistently everyday? with dose increases they day 4 to 6 wks to feel some benefits

• Posted

Yeah on/off I just think 150 was too much I'm staying at 125mg and feel o.k for now. i wish I'd never started them there killing me slowly with weight gain low energy , too much sleep etc . there's also reports that say ssri's cause heart problems. antidepressants are not good at all but without them my anxiety would come back like a tidal wave.

• Posted

This happened to me recently. Was on 200mg for 6 years. Diagnosed by a physicytrist with ocd. Came down gradually over the last 2 years to 75mg and all my old symptoms came back. Its horrific. I have went back up to 100mg and they have put me on 15mg of mirt for sleep. I wake up in the morning with crippling anxiety and paranoia with obsessive thoughts. I'm not sure if to keep running with it as it's only been 4 weeks on both the increased dose of these meds and the new mirtazapine. But I don't think I can go much higher on the sertraline whilst taking mirtazapine but I know the higher dose of sertraline has worked for me in the past. Has anyone been given anything stronger/better than this? Do you feel the higher doses reduce the anxiety?

• Posted

it's been a few months since being on here but for me 100mg sertraline is enough for my anxiety taking more makes no difference if anything it makes my mood good down I think my body can only cope with 100mg max. I regret taking ssri's they mess with your head daily up and down mood no 2-3 days are the same it's about time some new drugs were developed these ssri's just mask the problem rather that treating the root cause Tom cruise Matt Lauer interview. though he mentions vitamins I'm here to say they don't do anything for anxiety or depression I spent thousands on vitamins herbal stuff etc all I got is side effects God help us.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.