Increasing to 20mg and what is the best time

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone !

I have been on lexapro since november.

First at 10 mg then 15mg.

Recently I was increased to 20mg but I did it my way and I do 18.5mg since 12 days. No big side effects actually and I think it is starting to help. So I guess 20mg will be even better cause I still had anxiety at 15mg.

I did use to take my antidepressants in the morning in the past. But now, I am taking it in late or mid afternoon.

No problem to fall asleep but I also take 0,25mg of clonazepam at bedtime.

I am still tired in morning and day.

So my question is, who saw a good difference taking 20mg instead of 15mg???

And also, at what time do you take it???

I know it depends for everyone but I was just wondering???

Thank you guys!!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lolitta,

I be been taking since January 15mg of lexapro since January and I am much better! I still have some anxiety when driving long distances alone, but I manage to distract myself by hearing in the radio stories from the holy Bible. That give me strength. Except the pills try to find also additional ways!! Good luck!

• Posted

Im happy to read that you are doing good!

are you taking it at morning or night???

• Posted

Always in the morning around 9.30. Sometimes within the week I take 0.5 of Remeron, antidepressant also...to help me with sleep, But not everynight. Good day!

• Posted

Hi Lolita,I have been taken Lexapro 20mg for 9 months now.I started 15 mg a few weeks before that and I do have much less anxiety. I take my lexapro around 8pm.I also take a small amount of clonopin at night.Good luck to you and God Bless.

• Posted

Did you feel more tired with the increased?

Its so funny how some takes it in am and other pm....

I think I have some blurry vision or sort of a brain fog with the increase but I guess it will pass.

• Posted

Hi Lolita, yes I was tired and it took a long time for this side effect to resolve.I still feel tired but much less. This medication is slow acting but you will feel better.Good luck and God Bless you.

• Posted

Hi Pam!

I reach to you again....

The thing is, I went from 15 to 18.5mg in the last 2 or 3 weeks without too much issues. I actually felt better some days.

I did cut my 10mg pills in 2 in order to make 5mg and 2.5mg plus one 10mg to have 18.5mg.

Now my pharmacist gave me 20mg pills since a week. So I cut them and try to still make around 18. But since this week I feel terribly tired. Maybe I dont cut my med okay and it resulted by not having the right amount everyday????

I know I have to go to 20mg like my doc told me. But I am sooo scared to have much more side effects and to continue being tired like now.

And no matter when I take it, I wake up tired and stay that way all day.

I didnt felt like that last week.

And after a few hours after my dose, my heart beat a tiny bit faster....maybe its just a side effect from ajusting???

I have read that some people have more motivation and energy at 20 instead of a lower dose??? I know it takes a while but does going from 15 to 20 can really help??

• Posted

HI Lolita, I am taken 20mg daily at 7:30pm. I have tried it in the morning. I have tried breaking the 20mg in half for 10mg each one half in the morning and one in the eve.but it did not matter. I still feel sleepy in the morning ,but better as the day goes on. I hope I have helped you a little.Good luck and God Bless.Keep me posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.