Indapamide problems

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been taking ramipril and amlodipine for several years with no problems but last week my Dr prescribed indapamide. I feel sick, headache, light headed, dry mouth and generally awful. I've read that side effects are "minor and transient " but I don't know if I can wait until they go. Any advice from anyone please?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi I've been on indapamide 1.25 for years with very few side effects almost unnoticeable).  My cardiologist increased dosage to 2.5 and I started to experience extreme dry mouth and some dizziness. My GP changed me back to 1.25.  I do not always take them especially if my blood pressure is reasonable low.  What is your dosage?

• Posted

Thanks very much for your reply. I was started on 2.5. Today I saw the Dr, she said the symptoms are consistent with indapamide side effects but they could also be due to a virus. Maybe the dosage is too high.

She told me to discontinue it and go back on Friday. If the symptoms have gone it was most likely indapamide causing them and she will try something else

• Posted

Yes, the 2.5 was to strong for me.   Hope dr finds something that works. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.