Indigestion?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just curious if anyone else got indigestion with gallstones? I'm not sure if I even have it if I'm honest, I don't feel full and I am hungry.. but I do have a burning sensation in my stomach. Have consultation on Friday to get the gallbladder out. Did anyone get better after having it out? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes I had mine out along time ago and had no problems afterwards. No more pain or indigestion or burning. What a relief!  😁

• Posted

Thank you so much! My anxiety spiked a little and I got worried. But besides just a little indigestion, there's really no other signs for concern.. Took a tums before I ate today and it helped. Will make sure to bring it up to the surgeon and my doctor though.

• Posted

Yes Jamie I did and the Dr told me that after he removed my gull bladder that it would probably go away and it did for years but now I'm starting to deal with it again

• Posted

Oh no, I’m so sorry it’s coming back! Just curious how long you’ve had it out? I’m 16 and a bit nervous. My mom’s had her out for a while now and she’s been completely fine. My main worry is that I won’t get better/gastroparesis or another illness will pop up. 
    • Posted

I believe that u will get better I did and that was 20 years ago and also my son and daughter had theirsome taken out about 10 years ago
  • Posted

I had mine out in emergency surgery last year. The only problem I have now is that I was having constant loose watery stools and my surgeon said it would go away in a few months. It didn’t so I went back to a gastroenterologist and he said some people’s system continues to produce too much bile and it keeps dripping into the stomach where the gallbladder would normally filter it. But all it took was a medicine to

Reduce the bile dripping into the stomach. So if you end up with diarreah afterwards and it doesn’t stop in a month or so, just let them know. I thought it was just me, but after the gastroenterologist told me a lot of people have that happen I felt better emotionally to know it was a normal effect. Good luck on your surgery!

• Posted

Thank you so much for telling me all of this, I’m glad you’re doing much better now! 
  • Posted

Yes as soon as they remove my gallbladder my acid reflux and indigestion went away

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.