indigestion and stomach burning after eating

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello  everyone please anyone with idea of what is wrong with me after few months i was tested for H pylor bacteria infection  which causes gastric ulcer i was placed on antibiotic for 2weeks which am still feeling the same pain now and other drugs i was told to took also now am having indigestion and also i feel stomach burning after i finished eaten  atimes i get heartburn i never feel comfortable for the past few months i always watch what i eat no fatty foods spicy or anything that irritates my gut someone advised to take mastic gum and probiobic i have took that for 2months now still the same i feel better today tomorrow its start again i keep feeling bad everyday can someone advise me do i still need to take more of the mastic gum and probiotic please can someone help 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

you definitely need to be careful because ulcers don't disappear overnight. Maybe acid reduction medication may reduce the pain in your stomach. you could ask your Dr about pepto bismol which relieves gastric discomfort. That may help you.

• Posted

oh okay thanks richard can i still continue with the mastic gum and probiotc or i should stop it 
  • Posted

chewing gum produces more saliva which may help digest so I don't know whether it works or not. probiotics ensure the bacteria in your gut is helpful to digestion do keep that going in order to fight the bad bacteria.

• Posted

H pylori and the strong antibiotics can leave your stomach very sore and sensitive for some time. Probiotic foods such ss yoghurt, sourdough and kefir can help to rebalance gut flora which antibiotics can disturb.  However, if this doesn’t help, ask to be retested because sometimes h pylori can be resistant to treatment or it can go away and then come back again.
  • Posted

Hi kel19068

How long have you been using mastic gum?....if you have been using it over three months and you find your symptoms are still the same then stop using it. Continue with the probiotics and go see your doctor as the HPylori might have returned. Sometimes not all of the HPyloria bacteria is destroyed by the antibiotics and can reproduce again..Get another check for HPylori....

• Posted

it will complete 2 months in 5days time someone suggested pepto-Bismol can i take that also though i dont know if it will be sold without doctors prescription here 
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

Continue mastic gum on an empty stomach for another month as you have only been on it 2 months. If you still have symptoms after the next month discontinnue it. You can buy pepto-bismol over the counter....but i strongly suggest after the month is up and you still have a sore gut go see your doc for another HPylori test...

• Posted

can i take pepto-bismol with mastic gum?
    • Posted

Hi kel73732

I am not sure about that. When you go to the pharmacy speak with the pharmacist about it...

• Posted

HI there, sorry to hear that. I had the same thing.  I can barely handle any foods... So I am mostly eating cooked oatmeal, vegetables and drink lots of water. Plus eat fermented food.. Sauerkraut etc. You should definitely stay away from sugar, alcohol and coffee!

And if you have that stomach pain, try Aloe Vera capsules. That helps me very well. Plus try Kefir and definitely keep the probiotics..Kombucha is also very good.

Good luck  

• Posted

Hi

It could be that you now have chronic Gastritis due to having to take those antibiotics, their very harsh on the stomach, you may need an endoscopy to see if your stomach is inflamed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.