Indigestion every time I eat, any remedies

Posted , 8 users are following.

this just started happening a couple of months ago. every time I EAT( no matter what) i get so bloated in my stomach and the indigestion radiates from my stomach to pains in my chest, i feel miserable. i took over the counter medicine( you name i took it) nothing seems to work. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

THANKS

CINDY

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I've heard that there are natural teas that help with bloating but certain foods cause me extreme bloating. Everyone is different though and it helps to keep a food diary.

• Posted

I had the same problem. I eliminated gluten and lactose, plus gas causing foods. I haven't yet begun to add any of these back, to pinpoint which foods were causing the most problems. That is what was recommended by my doctor.I don't miss the foods, and I certainly don't miss the pain they caused, so I decided to stick with the changed diet.

• Posted

Had you been given antibiotics before this happened? They (especially Cipro ) will have cleared out your gut flora that you need so you should always take probiotics of some sort with them. Probiotics may help you now (capsules, live yoghurt, saurkraut, kombucha - all that kind of thing). Go slowly though, don't take too much of any one thing. Read about how your gut works in books such as clever guts by Michael Mosley, the information may help get the indigestion - and DV - under control without drugs. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Where is the cheapest place I can get that book Miriam and you say it helps with Diverticulsis

I have a question I forgot to ask I take 2 Magnesium Max Citrate everyday it is in Capsules form do the capsules itself dissolve before it reaches your colon ?

• Posted

Search for magnesium citrate and see what you think. I just did a quick search and saw "Side effects of magnesium citrate include nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, diarrhea, bloating, and an electrolyte imbalance". This was on medicine dot net.

With all supplements it's essential not to overdo anything. I don't know if two capsules are the recommended dose nor who suggested you take them. As for whether they reach your colon intact or not, I have no idea - maybe search for what happens to capsules?

The book should be widely available, again, you can search as easily as me! I don't even know which country you are in so how can I know where is cheapest. I didn't say it helps with DD, I recommended it because it helps you understand how the gut works and what is beneficial or not. DD is a disease of the gut so it's perhaps useful to understand how to possibly help it and hopefully repair it.

• Posted

Miriam,

Thanks for the search for me. I live in the US (Kentucky) I take the magnesium which also has activated B6 in it I take it for my blood pressure and dealing with perimenopause and it helps your heart.I take 2 capsules a day recommened dose. I need to email Dr. Ron thats his website I get the Mag Max from. Plus I take it to help with bowels.

• Posted

Cindy, have you ever had a DD infection?

• Posted

diverticulitis?? Yes!!! 2 attacks that put me in the emergency room:( Not sure what DD IS?

• Posted

Cindy,

I have a lot of trouble with upset stomach, bloating etc also. so much so that my Gastro DR. gave me an upper GI last year. Mainly he said it was just irritation in my stomach and not really related to diverticulitis, which I have. They put me on pantoprazole, which I am supposed to take every day, but usually only take when I feel one of these spells coming on. Anyway, am now taking the probiotics pill every day and maybe that will help. I would try that and changing your diet somewhat. I literally feel your pain. 😃 Good Luck. Jim

• Posted

Sorry it took a while to get back to you. I am just taking a pill right now. Something we picked up at Sams club. Some things cheaper there. Jim

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.