Indigestion or IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

HELLO ALL , ABOUT 2 WEEK AGO NOW HAVE HAD THIS WEIRD SENSATION IN MY STOMACH JUST ABOVE MY BELLY BUTTON , ITS LIKE A DULL PAIN AND A FEELING LIKE MY STOMACH IS BLOATED ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAVE EATEN A LARG MEAL , BUT NOW I AM GETTING A BIT OF BELCHING AS WELL AS SOON AS I HAVE EATING ANYTHING OR HAVE A DRINK . ANYONE HAD SAME SYMPTOMS PLEASE .

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi anne81411

Bloating and belching is usually associated with what food you have eaten. Some gods cause gas and bloating such as sprouts, cabbage and broccoli and other foods. Keep a food diary and see what foods cause you to bloat, belch and cause gas. Also, eating too quickly and too much can cause air to enter your digestive system and cause belching. You can buy over the counter meds for bloating and wind called "windeze". speak to the pharmacist for recommendations. Keep a food diary and if your symptoms persist consult you doctor...

• Posted

sorry some 'foods' not 'gods'

• Posted

THANK YOU MARY FOR THE REPLY , WILL START KEEPING A NOTE ON WHAT IM EATING TO SEE IF ITS WHATS CAUSING IT .

• Posted

Hi anne81411

No problem....very happy to help, hope all goes well and you get to the bottom of what is causing your symptoms...😊👍

• Posted

I had a similar feeling and had an endoscopy and was diagnosed with gastritis, hiatus hernia and oesophagitis. Have you tried ppi tablets?

• Posted

HELLO MOON, THANK YOU FOR THE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR TROUBLES WITH ALL THIS , ONE YOUR WERE TREATED WITH ppi did that help and are you on the tablets all the time now ? Can i ask you what you mean when you say about your oesophagitis was that inflamed do you mean ?? .

• Posted

SORRY MOON NO NOT ON TABLETS .

• Posted

So I was on and off PPI tablets before I got diagnosed because I had reflux for ages. I am on them all the time now.

I sometimes got this burning feeling when I drank hot drinks as they went down, I used to get this when I was much younger when I smoked a lot, but I gave up ages ago. I would also get this uncomfortable feeling a little bit to the right when food went down like there was a lump that food was passing as it went down, I am assuming that is where the inflammation was in my oesophagus. So basically every time I stop the tablets I get the symptoms.

As for the gastritis and sliding hiatus hernia, I got this feeling like there is a solid swelled up ball, it would sometimes feel really raw and I would get bloated and constipated. It felt like food would stay there for ages. When I finally went to the loo my stomach would feel so raw and I would feel really sick. It sometimes feels like there is a band around my stomach, I think that maybe the h.hernia.

I sometimes get that pain around my belly button too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.