Indigestion over the counter medicine?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is there anything I can get over the counter? I’m new to the Staates so I don’t know any medicine. I have an appointment with my PC on Friday but I really need something to help with this indigestion. It’s extreme. Pepto bismol is not helping one bit 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Gaviscon is very good. It acts very quickly.
    • Posted

Hi Mau, do you get painful indigestion too? Would you prefer Gaviscon over Tums?
    • Posted

Hi jeff. Yes i prefer gaviscon. I find it works almost instantly. I don't like tums or rennies , they take ages to dissolve in the mouth and i dislike the chalky texture.Gaviscon works for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.