Indigestion with a pain in the back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since yesterday I have been suffering from indigestion and getting a pain in my back it goes away for a while then comes back again  what do you think is the cause of this?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Angela

Do you suffer from heartburn .

• Posted

I do sometimes I have had this complaint since yesterday I’m burping a lot and get a pain in the tummy and a pain in my back I just don’t know what is causing it
    • Posted

Hi Angela ur symptoms are exactly like mine burping a lot pain at the front and back on left side only started last year and asked my doctor for endoscopy and been diagnosed with gastritis.... Samy
    • Posted

U having pain on right or left?
    • Posted

No it’s the top part of my back my stomach starts with a pain then it moves round to the middle of my back and I just feel bloated
    • Posted

Hi Sammy 

Has your endoscopy showed why you have gastritis 

were you long waiting on the endoscopy results.

I had mine last Tuesday and on inspection had stomach and gullet inflammation.

So he thinks i might h.pylori 

• Posted

Hi mike no consultant did not tell me the reason of gastritis but I know it all happened since I got thyroid problem 2 years ago he did give me the results straight away but yes for checking the h pylori it took few days and then I asked my GP it was negative ...ur GP should have ur results now it does not take that long ....samy
    • Posted

That's what exactly I was having and still have these pains but PPI s makes them worse

• Posted

Any thing can cause stomach issues like non steroid anti inflammatory medications stress poor diet auto immune diseases with me I never had any gut issue all happened with my thyroid problem
  • Posted

it sounds like a heart attack or a start of one anyway and or it could be attack heartburn and you may want to see a doctor about these problems just to be on the safe side  
  • Posted

My dad had the same symptoms and he had a heart attack you need to go see a doctor and very soon  
  • Posted

Angela you have the same symptoms as my dad did before he had a heart attack you may want to see a doctor about these problems and see what the doc. says better to be safe than sorry get it checked out and i wish you well i will be praying for you to get better.
  • Posted

Hi Angela, it sounds like either acute gastritis, I've had this pain many times, also if it's on the right side it could be an inflamed gall bladder, try gaviscon advance first, but a trip to your gp to put your mind at ease xx hope you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.