Indiscipline side effects

Posted , 4 users are following.

Are stiffness and frequent nighttime urination a serious side effect of amlodopine?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I would think it depends how the stiffness affects your lifestlye or how often your sleep is disturbed. I have only been taking the pills for a few weeks and my blood pressure is much reduced so at that level it works..but like you i have some unpleasant effects, dry mouth, slight headache, not sleeping too well, sometimes ankles a bit swollen. I will ask my GP to change from amlodipine if the symptoms persist, but 'till then will keep taking the pills because the risk of stroke is worse  than continuing.
  • Posted

Frequent nightime urination was definately a side effect for me (along with numerous others sad ). I put it down to advancing years and was having to get up about 4 times a night leaving me exhausted during the day. 

As soon as I stopped taking Amlodopine I was back to normal...now I'm maybe using the toilet once during the night and most nights sleeping straight through to morning smile All my other horrid symptoms disappeared too...the worst being urticaria (MADDENING itching every evening) and serious indigestion sad 

• Posted

Did you switch to a different drug or just stop taking the amlodipine? If so can you tell me what that is. Iam going to talk to my GP about the effects of taking amlodipine and would like to hear what works for others.
    • Posted

I stopped taking the Amlodopine. Monitored my BP carefully twice a day for a fortnight to make sure it didn't shoot through the roof (it didn't) and went back to my Dr. with the BP readings for the two weeks I had been off the Amlodopine. She was of the opinion, on examining my BP readings and taking my BP, that I didn't really need to be on BP medication at all. 
    • Posted

Good for you. As I previously said, doctors are too quick to hand out prescriptions

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi Luvheart,

These could be side effects. If they happened after you have been on the medication, I would talk with your MD.

Drugs are funny and people can have different reactions and some people may never have a reaction. I was on ACE inhibitors for many years and then developed a reaction to them.

As far as frequent urination, are you taking a water n pill in addition to the BP pill?

Take care. Good luck.

Sharon

• Posted

Hi Sharon

Water tablets have been mentioned but not on them yet.

Cheers

Luvheart

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.