Posted , 7 users are following.
My daughter was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis when she was 2mos old. She was given hydrocortisone 2x/day for 5 days for the inflammation and Ezerra for the itching and dryness and Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer. It did work but I have the following concerns:
1. After 5 days of treatment the rashes would go away, but after a couple of days without the hydrocortisone, the rashes starts again and there she is back with the itching and discomfort. She is 6 mos now and this cycle has been going on since she was 2 mos.
2. I am afraid of the side effects of longterm use of corticosteroid. Hers is .5 and 1%
3. She has new rashes flaring up around the eyes. I'm concerned about putting topical meds around the area.
4. She is mixed fed meaning i breastfeed at the same tme she is taking milk formula. I have change her formula from a cow's milk protein base to soya based protein hoping to improve her condition because i thought she might be allergic to the previous but nothing seems to show improvement.
5. I've been researching about trigger foods that might cause the flareup. I might have eaten the wrong food and since I am breastfeeding, she might ingest the allergens through my breast milk.
I have done the best I could in every aspect but nothing seems to give some improvement. I am honestly confused right now. It pains me to see her this way. I need some immediate help.
0 likes, 7 replies