Infected eczema & night sweats

Posted , 3 users are following.

my partner suffers with eczema which has gone worse over the last 12 months. Over the past 6 months he has suffered with night sweats which has made his skin really bad & is infected. After numerous visits to the doctors & creams & steroids etc... He finally has an appointment with a dermotologist. Has anyone else suffered in this way & would someone be able to give any helpful advice so I can help him too.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Been suffering for years myself. stopped using soap, stopped having hot baths and hot showers. Use plenty of aqueous cream to keep the skin from going dry. Also which helped my legs the most was a pair of silk pyjamas. found that even soft cotton sheets would make my skin sore. Cannot were woollen jumpers without u

ndershirt. Dont use conditioners when washing my clothes found all these have helped me.

• Posted

thanks for this he uses aqueous cream n I do keep telling him to have cooler baths Its the night sweats that seem to have made him worse. The room is cool arrrggghh its frustrating Im hoping if we can control the night sweats we might get somewhere. We have had a lot of stress this last 12mths so I think he needs to be more open thanks again

• Posted

St. John's Wort capsules @ 600 or 900 mg/day might do the trick, both for the eczema and the stress.

St. John's Wort is known to combat Staph bacteria, that is now believed by many scientists to be the root-cause of many forms of eczema.

I suffered 20 years from eczema, to no avail with conventional medicine, but St. John’s wort capsules made the symptoms disappear in six weeks, and all the scars left from 20 years of scratching were also obliterated after 5 to 6 months of treatment. I have now been disease-free for over 5 years.

I’ve also confirmed that it can work for other people as well on several forums discussing potential solutions against the disease. The timeframe for symptom relief appears to vary from person to person. Some have found success in less time, orhers with a bit more patience.

You just have to make sure that you are not taking any other medication at the same time that may interact with St. John’s wort, eventhough the product is entirely natural. Check with your pharmacist if in doubt.

Good luck,

Greg.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.