Infected/ingrown hairs or herpes..?

Posted , 9 users are following.

One week ago i had sex with a stranger and used a condom. I had shaved my pubic hair the day before, and had some red bumps and razor burn right after shaving (the day before I had sex). The morning after the encounter, my pubic area felt generally raw and swollen, with what looked like a lot of razor burn. Over the next day or two, most of that calmed down, except for 3 spots, which stayed red and swollen and tender to touch. I didn't really notice that they were "sores" until 2 days after sex. I also went into a hotel pool 2 days after sex. The pool was small and, i realized after getting in, dirty looking. Maybe unrelated? Anyway, these 3 spots got worse. Red and swollen around the base of them, with a white head. I couldn't help picking them, which was painful. Some small amount of whitish stuff came out of one when i squeezed it, but mostly liquidy stuff came out, and it got a crusty grayish top the next day. I picked that off and it became ulcer like. Three stiff hairs popped up out of it, and there is now a yellow crust. A similar thing happened with the other sore, which is in my thigh/bikini line, a day or so later than the first. I dug a hair out of it, but it still looks quite ulcerated, with yellow crust. The third one i mostly left alone, and it is much smaller and almost healed, though it was sore for a day or two as well. I put some antiseptic spray on them, thinking it was infected ingrown hairs. They do seem to be healing quickly, but i still think mild bacterial infection should've been gone faster (it has now been exactly one week since sexual encounter, and about 5-6 days since i really noticed the sores). Yesterday, i noticed a sore, swollen lymph node in the groin, on the same side as the sores. That made me start panicking that maybe this is herpes. I have not had any flu like symptoms, other than fatigue, but i have also been traveling and staying up late. Of course, i will get tested when I get back to the states, but in the meantime, could anyone tell me if you think this looks like herpes? These sores are about 5 days old.image

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Also, it seems to feel a little tender in the groin /inguinal region above the sores, but I have kinda been obsessively poking and prodding the area..

• Posted

another view. they are very nearly gone compared to what they were. would an initial herpes outbreak begin and end within a week? the new lymph node is what is really scaring me

• Posted

i would get tested just to know for sure it could be herpes but it could also be from shaving doctor can do a blood test

• Posted

thanks, I'm going to. i know even if people came on here and said, there's no way that's herpes.. i'd still have to get tested to really know or get peace of mind.

• Posted

I'm supposed to get my results today and mine look exactly like this / behaved like this / swollen groin lymph node. I've seen a bunch of pics that looked sort of like mine, but this is definitely the closest. (Yellow scabs, ulcers, couple hairs growing out of them, healing up in a week for the most part, liquid ish stuff coming out when I picked them, angry red boarders...). I'm freaking out.

• Posted

good luck with your results i hope its not herpes

• Posted

i know its a horrible feeling:( please could you let me know what your results are?

• Posted

Did you find out the outcome/results? i have similar symptoms

• Posted

im having the same problem did you get your results !??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.