Infection

Posted , 3 users are following.

For about two months i have suffered from post nasal drip. My spit looks like normal but its extremely stringy and i am constanly hacking it up. Especially in the morning.

I have had very little discharge from my nose but if i do manage to blow some out its a thick off white colour.

I have some small swelling accross my nose and a little redness.

But this weekend it seems to have got a whole lot worse. I have had headaches, chills and sweats. Are the chills and sweats normal?

Also i my stomach has been unsettled for a while. Is this the mucus draining into the stomach?

I am wondering if laying bed alot on friday night ( 12 hours) plus would have made this worse. I read on the net it can.

If anybody can offer any help that wpuld be great as i am worried and cannot see a doctor until next week as i am on a buisiness trip.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi James.  I've had post nasal drip for over two years, but recently I've changed doctors and was told to get a tablet for colds & flu and to buy a sinus rinse.  I did this and the nasal drip has almost gone.  With regards to unsettled stomach, when you think of all that "gunk" that you don't spit out is going into your stomach. Even thinking about it makes my stomach icky.   I always get a chesty cough also.

I don't think I can put a brand name here, but I bought a starter kit, squeezey bottle with a sachet of ready mixed solution.  You use water from kettle that was boiled to fill bottle along with contents of sachet & away you go.  Now don't do what I did, because I was too lazy to come down the stairs to get kettle water, I used the water from the tap & the liquid burned the nose off me, no, won't try that again!  The other thing is test the water on back of your hand as you don't want it too hot, Luke warm, I think.

hope you feel better soon.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.